• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

It appears to be happening

Started by LizStreithorst, August 30, 2016, 07:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My sole RSG female has to lay.  Conditions are favorable, she's full of eggs, she has no choice.  Her tube is coming down.  She is making dry runs.  She drives off the only other female in the tank, a Blue Scorpion who until now has always be very submissive but has suddenly turned combative.

The RSG female seems to have chosen Big Boy, the one I paid an arm and a leg for.  He's driving the other males away.  I will do nothing until I see eggs coming out and fertilizing being done.  I want to see the pair protect their eggs from the hungry jealous other Discus. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2016, 07:15:25 PM
My sole RSG female has to lay.  Conditions are favorable, she's full of eggs, she has no choice.  Her tube is coming down.  She is making dry runs.  She drives off the only other female in the tank, a Blue Scorpion who until now has always be very submissive but has suddenly turned combative.

The RSG female seems to have chosen Big Boy, the one I paid an arm and a leg for.  He's driving the other males away.  I will do nothing until I see eggs coming out and fertilizing being done.  I want to see the pair protect their eggs from the hungry jealous other Discus.

..Congrat's........let's hope all goes well for ya....it sure would be nice.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Don't congratulate me yet.  It's progress, nothing more.

wallace

It sounds promising though. You have waited what, 2 months now for something to happen?
Dan

LizStreithorst

I've waited way longer than 2 months  It's been around 2 months since I have had Big Boy.  I've had my other RPG's for over 6 months.  The other male raised to wiggler stage before he at the kids.

It ain't going to happen this time either.  She is putting eggs down on the cone but the wiggler eating male comes in and eats them and Big Boy eats them to keep the other male from eating them rather than driving him off.  Totally stupid Discus behavior.

I'll sleep on it and decide what to do by morning.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2016, 07:59:15 PM
I've waited way longer than 2 months  It's been around 2 months since I have had Big Boy.  I've had my other RPG's for over 6 months.  The other male raised to wiggler stage before he at the kids.

It ain't going to happen this time either.  She is putting eggs down on the cone but the wiggler eating male comes in and eats them and Big Boy eats them to keep the other male from eating them rather than driving him off.  Totally stupid Discus behavior.

I'll sleep on it and decide what to do by morning.

Time for their own tank.....away from the 'wiggler/egg eater'...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I know that's what I'll do.  Big Boy is very large and a slow mover.  It pisses me off that he couldn't do a better job at protecting his lady's eggs.  Grand daddy PB drove the other hungry six off.  But Grand Daddy Discus has done this many times before.  It's Big Boy's first time and there was heavy competition from the wiggler eating male.  I'll move Big Boy and Fine Lady into a 40 cube tomorrow.