• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:57:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 263
Total: 263

Red Turquoise Fry

Started by GeorgeG, March 21, 2013, 06:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

These little guys are at 4 weeks old and living on there own. I am feeding them freshly hatched Baby Brine Shrimp, Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs, and my own Beef Heart mixture. Couple more weeks in this 29 gallon tank and then move them into the 55 I am setting up. Check out those fat little bellies full of food just the way I want them all day. Each morning I give them a 90% water change.

BallAquatics

They look superb George.  Great food & super high water quality, a combination that can't be beat!

Dennis

Mugwump

Very nice !!!.....good colors too.....nice job, George
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

greydragon

nice kids!!! do you ship? if so how much are they?

P4Angels2

PaulineMi

They look great.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

GeorgeG

GrayDragon
Quotenice kids!!! do you ship? if so how much are they?

I do ship but I do not sell them at this small size. Maybe in a few months.

George

LizStreithorst

How long to you keep feeding BBS, George.  I feed it until they quit thinking of it as food, which is around the 2" mark. 

You have some nicely shaped babies in that group.  I think I saw you say on Simply that there were only 50 of them.  What's up with that?  New pair?

GeorgeG

Liz it is a young pair along with my other pairs none past 3 years old and this is their 3rd spawn and the best one yet when it comes to parent raising. I culled the smallest of the bunch a few weeks ago that did not look like they were growing. I have not done a real count but I think there were 65 when I did try to count them all in this tank. I don't need 150 -200 fry I only want the ones growing the best. I feed them baby brine an stop when they are eating bigger foods on a regular basis. I feed the BBS before I leave for work and add decaps to that so they have something to eat the rest of the day. I then do a water change that evening and feed them again for the evening and shut down most of the tank lights except my red rope lights hanging off the ceiling of my garage. Best time to buy the rope lights is at Christmas when they are the cheapest.

LizStreithorst

I'll look for the rope lights when Christmas rolls around.  Try tossing in algae discs with them along with the decaps.  They make for good grazing food.

GeorgeG

Liz the cheapest place I found the rope light was Wally World at Christmas. Home Depot is a lot higher.

Mugwump

George. how do you do your water changes ??..the good old fashion way, siphon and refill ??..or is that on a drip system or sump ??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson