• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:03:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249

Moving fish from outside to inside

Started by LizStreithorst, August 24, 2016, 03:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on August 28, 2016, 09:53:40 AM
Never saw a project yet that went as quick as originally thought.  Nice thing about being retired is there is always tomorrow to finish up if it all doesn't get done today.

+1...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

One more valve to put in, a corner to turn, then two more valves and an end cap.  I still have to screw on the connectors to the valves and glue them on to the pipes on the top rack.  That's the easy part.  The hardest part was connecting the water pipes from the top racks to the bottom racks.  I sure am a slow worker...I'll get it done today but I won't be making roast chicken and giblet gravy.  I'll steam some broccoli and make a quick hollandaise sauce.  It will be enough.

Right now, I'm listening to a TED talk about procrastination and creatativity ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Damn it...I ran out of steam and started to get stupid to the point that I was afraid of making a mistake. Go figure, I'm on the easiest part of the project.  Perhaps I'm food deprived.  I'm used to putting something in my tummy around 3.  I wanted to get done before I ate but it appears that I couldn't.  It was to much work to steam broccoli.  I'm chowing down a couple of small salami sandwiches.  I hope my head starts working again once I've eaten.  I am determined to finish this job today.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 28, 2016, 05:48:50 PM
Damn it...I ran out of steam and started to get stupid to the point that I was afraid of making a mistake. Go figure, I'm on the easiest part of the project.  Perhaps I'm food deprived.  I'm used to putting something in my tummy around 3.  I wanted to get done before I ate but it appears that I couldn't.  It was to much work to steam broccoli.  I'm chowing down a couple of small salami sandwiches.  I hope my head starts working again once I've eaten.  I am determined to finish this job today.

I can get that way too sometimes when I push it for too long, and don't take a break....something to eat and a walk around a bit gets ya right back on track......time to crank some tunes too....that helps... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm fucked ('scuse my french).  I ran out of thread tape.  I know as well as I know my name is Liz Streithorst that I have another roll, but I have looked in all the usual places and in a lot or strange places and I cannot find it.  I can't say that I'm unhappy because I'm plumb wore out, but I am disappointed in myself.  I have so little left to do and I can't do it.

I did an 80% WC on the Discus tanks and the 120 that is packed to the gill with adult Blue Marble Angels.  They're the only tanks that really require huge WC.  I saw a nice thing.  Grand daddy PB  Discus paired up and spawned with one of his grand kids.  I had 'bout given up on my PB.  Now that they have a bit of elbow room I got some action.  I hope the same thing will happen with my expensive RSG's.

It's still light out and I'm fixin' to hit the sack.  I have another long day of fish room work in store for me tomorrow, and I can't get too tuckered out because I have dogs Tuesday.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 28, 2016, 07:17:41 PM
I'm fucked ('scuse my french).  I ran out of thread tape.  I know as well as I know my name is Liz Streithorst that I have another roll, but I have looked in all the usual places and in a lot or strange places and I cannot find it.  I can't say that I'm unhappy because I'm plumb wore out, but I am disappointed in myself.  I have so little left to do and I can't do it.

I did an 80% WC on the Discus tanks and the 120 that is packed to the gill with adult Blue Marble Angels.  They're the only tanks that really require huge WC.  I saw a nice thing.  Grand daddy PB  Discus paired up and spawned with one of his grand kids.  I had 'bout given up on my PB.  Now that they have a bit of elbow room I got some action.  I hope the same thing will happen with my expensive RSG's.

It's still light out and I'm fixin' to hit the sack.  I have another long day of fish room work in store for me tomorrow, and I can't get too tuckered out because I have dogs Tuesday.

When ya buy that new roll of Teflon tape...you'll end up putting it right next to the one(s) ya couldn't find......Murphy's Law #563
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had a hard time making myself go down there and get started, but once I got started I got into it.  I am done with plumbing.  Hurray ;D ;D ;D ;D  I have to admit when it came to the last top tank and the last bottom tank I was short 1 1" T  fpt/slip/slip connector and 1 1" fpt/slip 90.  I did by an extra of everything but I just slam forgot the tanks on the racks I built myself that didn't have to be rebuilt.  The T is the fitting that my local hardware store doesn't carry.  I'll pick one up next time I'm forced to drive to Lowes.

After a bit of a break I'll start cleaning up tanks, putting in sponges and heaters, and filling them with water.  I can't wait till WC this evening so I can test out all my hard work.

Mugwump

.....a job well done....grab a cold one... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I actually got everything done today that I wanted to, imagine that :o,  All tanks cleaned, filled with water from the hose and bubbling away with sponges in them.  I did WC on the tanks that get aged tap and everything worked perfectly.  It should have, but you never know until you test it.  I am feeling quite good about myself.  It was a huge PITA but I knew I could do it and I did |^|

I am rewarding myself by enjoying the dinner I thought I'd make yesterday...Roast chicken and mashers with giblet gravy and steamed broccoli.  It sure is good!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 29, 2016, 05:09:55 PM
I actually got everything done today that I wanted to, imagine that :o,  All tanks cleaned, filled with water from the hose and bubbling away with sponges in them.  I did WC on the tanks that get aged tap and everything worked perfectly.  It should have, but you never know until you test it.  I am feeling quite good about myself.  It was a huge PITA but I knew I could do it and I did |^|

I am rewarding myself by enjoying the dinner I thought I'd make yesterday...Roast chicken and mashers with giblet gravy and steamed broccoli.  It sure is good!

...it sure sounds good.....LOL...MMMmmm
Jon

LizStreithorst

Eating is a necessary chore.  I like to cook but I'd be happier if I could do without wasting time eating.

I'll be able to move fish tomorrow.  I need to buy more lights and more timers.  I'm looking forward to having all fish where they belong so I can move on to cleaning out the shed where the horses will be moved to.

LizStreithorst

I bought lights and timers today.  I got all fish moved!  None are overcrowded.  I have lots of empty tanks left. 

I moved a Discus pair to a 40 cube of their very own.  Another is empty for when the RSG's decide to do the deed.  As soon as the temperature heats up an a 60 wide I'll move the 6 Adult PB Discus from a 100 to a 60 wide.  That will give me 2 empty 20's an empty 30 an empty 40 cube yearning for a RSG pair, 2 empty 60 wide's, and an empty 100. 

I have a bit of clean up to do.  I have bits and pieces of PVC laying around.  I need to sweep and Windex the glass.  I'll try to get around to it tomorrow.  When I get everything beautiful and pristine I'll snap a pic.

Down to do a quick WC now.  It will actually be quite quick because all my stuff works as it should.  I'm a happy camper.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2016, 05:33:49 PM
I bought lights and timers today.  I got all fish moved!  None are overcrowded.  I have lots of empty tanks left. 

I moved a Discus pair to a 40 cube of their very own.  Another is empty for when the RSG's decide to do the deed.  As soon as the temperature heats up an a 60 wide I'll move the 6 Adult PB Discus from a 100 to a 60 wide.  That will give me 2 empty 20's an empty 30 an empty 40 cube yearning for a RSG pair, 2 empty 60 wide's, and an empty 100. 

I have a bit of clean up to do.  I have bits and pieces of PVC laying around.  I need to sweep and Windex the glass.  I'll try to get around to it tomorrow.  When I get everything beautiful and pristine I'll snap a pic.

Down to do a quick WC now.  It will actually be quite quick because all my stuff works as it should.  I'm a happy camper.

....the fruits of your labor are excellent...enjoy.... w!w =;-) w!w
Jon