• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,317
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 230
Total: 231

Moving fish from outside to inside

Started by LizStreithorst, August 24, 2016, 03:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2016, 03:06:50 PM
No PVC "T" available.  It's OK, I'm whupped.  Would you believe that I was able to fit into this tiny little place to work?  I was afraid that I'd find a way to wiggle in and not be able to wiggle out but I got good at doing both.  I had to get in and out of it 3 times.

....not much space there.....how in the world........ huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I am small.  I am limber.  I am resourceful ;D Right leg in, followed by my head followed by the rest of my body and finally my left leg.  If I were tall I'd have been able to do it by reaching.  I've had years of experience figuring out how to do things the easiest way for me that tall people would do differently.

Just so y'all know, I'm not a midget.  I'm 5'3", 120 lbs.  Small but not minuscule.  Josie couldn't have done it, but she could afford to hire it out.  I can't.  I hire out what I need to and do what I know I can do myself.  I used to be able to do everything, but didn't we all when we were young?

Plumbing the water is the next job.  I'm not looking forward to it.  It will be more difficult than the air.  With the air I only had to drill one hole and screw in one valve and replace some pipe and fittings.  I was able to use most of the existing stuff.  With the water it will be easier to start from scratch.  Right now WC is very slow because I have to use the sump pump to fill one tank at a time.  I've got  the process down.  It's far from ideal, but it works.

I'm off to do a big as WC now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....wow, you've grown since NADA...... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Everyone seems to think that I'm smaller that I am huh

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 25, 2016, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2016, 05:09:04 PM

..... |^| .....
In you pics you look small but wiry!  |^|I ain't gonna mess witchya!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 25, 2016, 05:34:30 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 25, 2016, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2016, 05:09:04 PM

..... |^| .....
In you pics you look small but wiry!  |^|I ain't gonna mess witchya!!!

...yup...... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

Got my air finished this afternoon.  All I got done other than that was WC and getting the RO back on.  It was too complicated doing WC for a while to mess with the RO.  I should replace water valves on the top rack.  It's an easy job.  I guess I wore myself out yesterday.  The top muscles on my thighs ache from squatting and getting back up over and over and over and over again.  My back gave me a good twinge while I was doing my first dog this morning.  That's about gone, though.  I actually had to take an hour nap when I got home from work ::)

Mugwump

....well at least you're close to finishing now.....pace yourself, don't hurt yourself...... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Well, After I get done with the fish room I have this ton of rotted lumber I need to haul  to the burn pile, some of which is in the front yard, so once again it looks like white trash lives here.  There is the shed in the pasture I just had fenced that needs cleaning out before I move the horses over there.  I really yearn to mow the fence rows and make the joint look more presentable.  It will all get done...eventually. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 26, 2016, 06:23:04 PM
Well, After I get done with the fish room I have this ton of rotted lumber I need to haul  to the burn pile, some of which is in the front yard, so once again it looks like white trash lives here.  There is the shed in the pasture I just had fenced that needs cleaning out before I move the horses over there.  I really yearn to mow the fence rows and make the joint look more presentable.  It will all get done...eventually.

.....yep, everything in it's time... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I didn't get much done today as I hoped but I got more tanks set up and a lot of prep work done.  I stupidly mistook some 1 1/4" MPT/slip connectors for 1" >:(  I knew that I would have to go to Lowes anyway because my local hardware didn't have any 1" slip/slip/ FPT connectors.  I really want to get finished with this job tomorrow so I have Monday to clean tanks and fill them with water.  The water will have to age in the tanks so I won't be able to move fish until Tuesday.

wallace

That's the nature of plumbing. There is never just one trip to the hardware store.  huh

My nearest hardware store is 25 minutes drive, so I take notes, & etc...and still go back for something most of the time.

Dan

LizStreithorst

Considering where you live you must consider 25 miles to be just a hop, skip and jump ;) 

Dan, it's this way with every project I take on that I know I can do but do rarely.  My projects used to take twice as long as I thought.  They take three to four times longer now that I'm old.  It's frustrating.

waterboy

Never saw a project yet that went as quick as originally thought.  Nice thing about being retired is there is always tomorrow to finish up if it all doesn't get done today.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.