• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:31:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

shipping fish question

Started by greydragon, August 23, 2016, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greydragon

i was just wondering when is a good time to start shipping again as its been so hot i was afraid to ship huh huh
please let me know thanks in advance Robert

Mugwump

...it's getting closer now....we've had several days with 70's for highs and lows in the 50's.....it seems likely that September will have temps in shipping range...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

I have been shipping all summer long I just pack well for the heat. My last shipment went out Tuesday and arrived in Guam on Friday and my fish made it fine.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on August 23, 2016, 06:51:42 AM
I have been shipping all summer long I just pack well for the heat. My last shipment went out Tuesday and arrived in Guam on Friday and my fish made it fine.

..yes, I've had a couple/few boxes go out too.....but the 'prime' shipping time is during the moderate fall temps, for me anyways....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..say....how was the haboob, George?....
Jon

greydragon

George how do you pack well for the heat???? huh

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on August 23, 2016, 08:40:31 AM
George how do you pack well for the heat???? huh

..same way as packing for extreme cold....minus the heat packs  |^|...good styro and insulation....

Jon

greydragon

i use 3/8 inch styro cut to size and taped together is that good? huh

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on August 23, 2016, 07:22:05 PM
i use 3/8 inch styro cut to size and taped together is that good? huh

...and plenty of insulation......use overnight too.....if in doubt about the higher temps, especially use overnight...then mark 'hold for pick up' so it doesn't ride in a hot truck all day too
Jon

greydragon

what type of insulation and where do you get it?

Mugwump

Jon

wallace

I noticed that Liz and Discus-Hans use much thicker Styrofoam, its 1-1/4 in. thick.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 24, 2016, 10:26:44 AM
I noticed that Liz and Discus-Hans use much thicker Styrofoam, its 1-1/4 in. thick.

Those are the styro foam containers, they come in various sizes and thicknesses.......vs the box fitted styro which can be bought, and cut, to fit any box...

I have some 3/4" styro containers as well.....it's all what you can find out there.....I think that Liz reuses Hans's boxes whenever she can.....
Jon

greydragon

anyone have a video about how to use this stuff with and without a heat pack?? huh just want to make sure i use it right lol

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on September 08, 2016, 07:21:58 PM
anyone have a video about how to use this stuff with and without a heat pack?? huh just want to make sure i use it right lol

use Pete's method...without the heat packs...

http://www.lotsoffish.net/Shipping-Facts.html
Jon