• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:11:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 244
Total: 245

Replacement for Magnum 250

Started by wsantia1, August 16, 2016, 08:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

When I clean em.....it's usually 2 at a time
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I clean mine two or three at a time. Right now I only have two of the Hot Mags in service but I have another two that I use occasionally and one more that I have yet to use.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Please let us know what you think of them after you've had them in use for a while.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2016, 06:44:53 PM
Please let us know what you think of them after you've had them in use for a while.

...absolutely... |^|....If they work well enough, I'll grab a couple more to use.... :D...especially if Diatom friendly...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....got mine today........test run tomorrow.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Let me know how it works. Mine won't get here until Tuesday. huh I am pretty sure I ordered mune at least a day before you did. However it was shipped from Wisconsin. ???
Willie

Mugwump

..anybody else get theirs yet ? ? ?
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

wsantia1

It just arrived. It will be in a tank as soon as I set it up.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 23, 2016, 10:10:32 AM

All set up and running. I do like that there are no air leaks. Not crazy about the suction cup attachment. May use it without them.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 23, 2016, 10:37:09 AM

All set up and running. I do like that there are no air leaks. Not crazy about the suction cup attachment. May use it without them.

I can live with the cup arrangement.....it slides off easily, if need be....notice the nipple on the 'out' attachment ?.....you can add a short piece of air tubing and get a bubbler stream....

..it sure assembles easy, huh?..... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 23, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 23, 2016, 10:37:09 AM

I can live with the cup arrangement.....it slides off easily, if need be....notice the nipple on the 'out' attachment ?.....you can add a short piece of air tubing and get a bubbler stream....

..it sure assembles easy, huh?..... |^|

It passed the first test a 20H with lefover food. Now I have it in a 40B which is my BN tank. Needless to say it is my messiest tank. I can diatom in the morning and by the evening there would be wood crap all over the place. It is hard to keep that tank clean. huh
Willie

wallace

Just got mine and put it together. I don't have a dirty tank to try it on right now. It looks like it would be handy for the occasional carbon filtering job too. I made my own reactor thingy for carbon but this looks easier.

Where is a good place to get diatom powder?
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 23, 2016, 03:44:09 PM
Just got mine and put it together. I don't have a dirty tank to try it on right now. It looks like it would be handy for the occasional carbon filtering job too. I made my own reactor thingy for carbon but this looks easier.

online....or a pool supply store....its' pretty much diatomaceous earth...

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=vortex+diatom+powder&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=41826614369&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12928050328377715811&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021528&hvtargid=kwd-2936375864&ref=pd_sl_dwhsbpb4r_b
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: wallace on August 23, 2016, 03:44:09 PM

I get mine from the pool store. 50 pounds for about 10 bucks.
Willie