• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

Don't mess with Seniors....

Started by Mugwump, March 19, 2013, 06:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Yesterday my daughter again asked why I didn't do something useful with my time.

Talking about my "doing something useful" seemed to be her favorite topic of conversation.

She was "only thinking of me" and suggested I go down to the senior center and hang out with the guys.

I did this and when I got home last night I decided to teach her a lesson about staying out of my business.

I told her that I had joined a parachute club. She said, "Are you nuts? You 're almost 75 years old and you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?" I proudly showed her that I even got a membership card.

She said to me, "Good grief, where are your glasses! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club." "I'm in trouble again, and I don't know what to do... I signed up for five jumps a week." I told her.

She fainted.

Life as a senior citizen is not getting any easier but sometimes it can be fun.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

So this parachute club.............
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on March 19, 2013, 11:07:18 AM
So this parachute club.............

Frank, I would assume it's in the Chicago area since Jon was telling the story in the first person.....   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

LOL...... ;D....I found the joke pretty funny, reminds me of my brother,,, ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Josh

Ron Sower

Just got an email from a cousin I haven't chatted with for a while.  Dennis, I used your description to let him know how I am doing...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 22, 2013, 12:07:01 PM
Just got an email from a cousin I haven't chatted with for a while.  Dennis, I used your description to let him know how I am doing...!

??????........
Jon