• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

Last Week....

Started by Ron Sower, March 18, 2013, 02:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Well, week before last got a call from one of Linda's family friends from who lives across the state in Spokane (pronounced Spo-Can) who said she was coming over to do some business and wanted to stay a night and visit us.  She asked her if we had an extra bed.  After about 5 minutes Linda finally quit laughing out loud on the phone.  We do have an extra bed in our ''guest'' room.  However, at the time it was so covered up and surrounded with boxes and 'stuff' you could barely get into the room, much less even see the bed!!!!  As we have been unpacking and didn't know where we were going to put stuff, that's the room it went into!

So last week that was the project..!  Well, I must say the house is beginning to look really great!  LInda has a wonderful eye for decor and interior design, and I'm happy to have her directing this whole house project. 

As we continue in the aquarium hobby, my direction has moved from racks with breeding tanks, fry tanks and growout tanks, toward aesthetically pleasing, heavily planted tanks placed throughout the open den/dining/living room area.  I have to say that I really like what's happening.  The challenge is figuring out how to have my wards spawn and raise their fry in the developing decor.  But as I wrote in a post on our Airstone list of GSAS, where there's a will there's a way, and I will be figuring out a way...!

Now... time to attack the secretary desk in the guest room where I tossed a lot of stuff and shut the door and told our guest, "Don't open the secretary door unless you want an avalanche!''

Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Thanks for the update Ron.  Our hobby has so many facets waiting to be explored.  Keep us posted on your progress.  Make me think back to my junior high school science fair projects, "Balanced Aquariums".  Some fish are quite easy to set-up in the manner you describe, while others are quite challenging to try and incorporate into something resembling a  natural environment in the confines of a glass box.  Sounds like a very entertaining project!

Dennis

Mugwump

Righto....You can even snag some plants from Aron...he just scored a bag full...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

He sure did!  Saw him last night.  He was just appointed to fill a position on the GSAS board.  He's the new secretary.  He needs to learn how to make better coffee if he's going to stay in that position long...!  Har, Har, Har....!  Sometimes I just crack me up I'm so funny!!!! 
Wait a minute....come to think of it, he didn't even offer to get any of us coffee! What's wrong with him?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

What??????????...a Navy guy that can't make coffee..????....well I'll be.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

First off Im not the club member that looks good in a skirt. HA! HA!   Second we (Ron and I live in the coffee capital of the world).With a coffe stand on every corner. Ron could have stopped at any of the men's only and got a special cup of coffee. wink wink..

I found this and should help you both make a great cup coffee.

Did you know that coffee was invented by the Europeans in 1992?  :o
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

And here I thought you knew how to make coffee....sheesh...poor Ron, if I lived closer he could sure as hell get a cup of coffee at my house.....hrrmmffff..... ;D...poor Ron....forced to do without....*sigh*....
Jon

Ron Sower

What a guy, Jon.  Wish I lived closer to you! If for nothing else just to drop in and watch fish and chat...that is, if I ever got time!

Thanks for the video, Aron.  I believe she's definitely blon...Oops! She's definitely a ditz!  Cute, but a ditz.  That should be with a capital 'D'!  Regarding the skirt issue, who said you had to look good in one?  Does Phil?  (Phil, BTW, is our club auctioneer who is always wearing a Utilikilt, and I'm never curious enough to want to know what's under it....!)

Fortunately I have a great wife who loves to make our cup of coffee every morning.  Hers her way, and mine my way.  She just won't be a secretary tho...So Aron, I think your job is secure!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As for that special cup of coffee you text-offered me.....No Thanks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels2

ahhh nothing better than Aron making coffee the way I like it :D :D :D...then I get to sit back and watch as he destroys and rebuilds the planted tank in the living room... :o

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on March 21, 2013, 02:10:13 PM
ahhh nothing better than Aron making coffee the way I like it :D :D :D...then I get to sit back and watch as he destroys and rebuilds the planted tank in the living room... :o

You trained him right, Lori....he'll make a good club secretary...yep, how is he with serving trays ??
Jon