• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 312
Total: 313

Old age sucks

Started by LizStreithorst, March 17, 2013, 06:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Agreed...pretty horse...you're not too shabby yourself, girl.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thank you.  Here's another of the horse.  she's not half bad for a wild caught Mustang
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Do you do John Lyons or Linda Tellington Jones type ground work with her?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 19, 2013, 05:32:58 PM
Remember when you could do this.....

I can't either  LOL

Dennis

Nope, don't remember her.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Frank The Plumber

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 18, 2013, 02:21:10 PM
Frank....DAMN!  You described ME!  You're a fun & funny writer.  It's easy to read the inflections and tones in your humor!  I just had the colonoscopy....You got me wondering....When they put me out did they call in RotoRooter?!?!?!?! How would I know?

Roto rooter leaves a free pencil and a pad of paper. Free well, no, complimentary. No not that either.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

Those pics were from 6 years ago.  These days I don't do anything with her except let her be herself.  She is wild caught, but very tame with me.  She trusts nobody else.  I let her out every morning and give her about 12 oz of feed.  I then can go into the fenced pasture and feed the other mare who is a slow eater and needs 32 oz.  The wild one stays out all day in the unfenced pasture while the other gets a flake of hay.  I feed grain again when I get home from work, then toss 3 or 4 flakes of hay into the fenced pasture.  Then my wild one, Patience is ready to be let back into the fenced pasture for the night.

I have read Lyons on Horses.  He is a master of horse training, but I don't care about riding mine, or training her in that way.  She and I have an understanding.  I let her free all day to be wild and she doesn't run off.  She comes like a dog when I call her.  It is good.

Right now she's a woolly bugger, shedding tons of coat.  She doesn't like being touched even by me except for a stroke under her neck or a or a hand on the butt if I go behind her.  Since she doesn't like it, I won't curry her.  I'll just wait for the hair to shed on it's own.  I could do otherwise, but it's part of our agreement.

My horse and I speak a language to one another the only she and I understand.
Always move forward. Never look back.