• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

Old age sucks

Started by LizStreithorst, March 17, 2013, 06:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My body can hardly do what I expect of it. I hate it and there's little I can do about it.  It will only get worse as time passes.  It's not fair. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, you are in much better shape than many women your age and you know it.  How many of them could do the job you did today in your pasture?  Just keep moving and eat well.  You aren't old.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2013, 06:38:29 PM
My body can hardly do what I expect of it. I hate it and there's little I can do about it.  It will only get worse as time passes.  It's not fair.

I like to think that I'm not old.......I'm ripe....yep.... ;D.....and I'm not falling off the tree until I'm damned good and ready....so there..... ;D....sic em. Liz.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

I can't see. The guy wants to sell me stock in Viagara, My knees sound like a drum solo sequence from a 4 year old kid trying to do Ina Godda davida, I have a headache 16 hours a day, my teeth hurt, shoulder can pop so loud a cop will pull his pistol and sound an alarm for shots fired, eyes burn from this device here, wake up in the middle of the night to pee twice, wake up and my heart is pounding like 9 jillion times a second, doctor says my cholesterol is too high at 162, he's on crack. He says I need to weigh 120, he is crack, they want to stick that camera up my butt, no way, I sat in the waiting room for that with the wife and listened to her screaming, I could do that to myself with the sewer camera. And then..........every older person i ever meet says...Ha, you ain't seen nothin yet.
WTF? F for fudge. Which they say I can't have either.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

PaulineMi

What sux is pain 24/7.  I too hate not being able to do whatever my heart desires anymore.

My best friend of 42 years now and I laugh as we compare all the changes in what used to be our cute little selves from those 42 years ago.  But we have so many super memories and so many to still accumulate that the aches and pains...well...we gotta move on in spite of them. Can't do all that we used to but we can still laugh a lot.

Happily, hubby who has physical limitations now, cheers us on. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Yea, Old age sucks!  But it beats the hell out of the alternative!

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

Rigor Mortise. Yeah it does. I don't think ben gay works on that stiff ness.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on March 18, 2013, 01:08:39 PM
Rigor Mortise. Yeah it does. I don't think ben gay works on that stiff ness.

Yeah, and it don't work as a lubricant either..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Frank....DAMN!  You described ME!  You're a fun & funny writer.  It's easy to read the inflections and tones in your humor!  I just had the colonoscopy....You got me wondering....When they put me out did they call in RotoRooter?!?!?!?! How would I know?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Remember when you could do this.....

I can't either  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Shoot Dennis, I don't even remember her name....???.. ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Hey, hey, hey.  Lol.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I could have done it six years ago when I looked like this.  Then I got depressed and stared at my shoes for 2 years and lost it.  I want it back but getting it back is very hard when you're over 60.

Barb

Nice horse Liz, do you still have him/her?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Yes.  She is my main horse.  My other horse is there because horses need a companion.