• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 288
Total: 288

Sunday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, July 17, 2016, 05:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

WOW that sucks Liz.  Too bad it didn't quit before it broke the door.....

Might be the in-line fuel filter is clogged.

Dennis

Mugwump

..sounds more like old gas..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on July 17, 2016, 07:47:30 PM

...which lead to the in-line filter being clogged with gunk  LOL   ;D

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I should have done that.  I thought about it but I was disgusted and just loaded her up.  If I I had a can of that starter stuff.  If I had I'd have given it a shot.  I'll haul it back out and do it in the morning.

I have a feeling that the gas line is clogged, or something in the fuel system is clogged.  I'll look at it again in the morning.  I bet I'll end up taking it to the fix it place.  This time of year they take forever to get lawn mower repair done.  My yard looks like white trash lives here.  I'm going to risk turning out the horse again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 17, 2016, 07:49:34 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 17, 2016, 07:47:30 PM

...which lead to the in-line filter being clogged with gunk  LOL   ;D

Dennis

LOL  That's my brother-in-laws cure-all for mower problems.  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

The gas was new.  It was from the can I carry around in Charlotte for when I run out of gas which I do fairly regularly.  Chip will be fixing that Tuesday.

Dennis, does your brother have a free range horse like mine used to be until she started making neighborhood visits or is his cure-all the fix it shop?  I'd like to fix stuff myself but so often I end up spending time and getting frustrated and accomplishing nothing.  It's kind of embarrassing to show up at the fix it shop with a mower and a bunch of parts in a box.

BallAquatics

I think he had that problem once so now every spring he tells me if I have trouble getting the mower to run, it's probably the in-line filter.  It is, an easy and inexpensive repair, even if it doesn't fix the problem...  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I think that in my case he may be right.  I'll look at it in good light with my glasses on tomorrow. If I think that can replace the gas line and filter myself I'll give it a try.

BallAquatics

If I wasn't 765 miles away, I'd swing by and have a look at it for you.   ;)

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Rjb3

If ya hit a pebble big enough to stop the engine, it may have sheared to flywheel key in the crankshaft. They don't need to be sheared all the way to keep the engine from starting. It throws off the timing. Taking out the plug and putting fuel in there is the sure way to find out. You could check the spark with the plug wire by removing the plug wire to see if there's spark jumping to the plug when you pull the rope, but fuel in the cylinder is a sure fire way to check.

LizStreithorst

Thanks. my captain but no, the engine ran for a full swipe across the yard before it quit running.  BTW,  the mosaic look of the shattered safety glass is actually quite pretty. I'd don't believe I'll think so highly of it when winter comes and cold air starts leaking in from what is now basically a single pain of glass.