• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 320
Total: 321

Sunday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, July 17, 2016, 05:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's absolutely fantastic this morning....MMMmmmmMMMMmmmm..... |^|

...I do believe that we'll finally get some good rain here in about an hour.....boomers and gully washers for sure....the last several rain systems have missed us.....this one is on the door step.. ;D

...a few water changes and some general putz'n for us today.....and maybe a good nap  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...Pot #2...and yup...looks like a bit of rain... huh

http://wxug.us/1ql7u
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

It's a beautiful morning here.  At 6 it was 55?F so I opened up the fish room and the house to grab some of that cool air.  Starting on second pot after some water changes and working with the daphnia cultures.

In two hours it's only warmed by about 5 degrees so I figure I've got another hour or so before it time to button things back up for the heat of the day to come.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Good morning to all. The coffee was great and I still have a little left. The day is starting out pretty warm here with temps already at 75 degrees at 6 am. It's nice and cool in the fishroom tho. The temps stay around 75 all year long down there. |^| |^| |^|

Did my water changes yesterday so today it's just putzing and moving fish. I can see myself getting very wet today. huh I also will probably start up the bbs sometime today. I already saw some wigglers trying to swim so they probably took off during the night.

Otherwise I am just going to chill out and play with my dog. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 17, 2016, 07:01:52 AM
Good morning to all. The coffee was great and I still have a little left. The day is starting out pretty warm here with temps already at 75 degrees at 6 am. It's nice and cool in the fishroom tho. The temps stay around 75 all year long down there. |^| |^| |^|

Did my water changes yesterday so today it's just putzing and moving fish. I can see myself getting very wet today. huh I also will probably start up the bbs sometime today. I already saw some wigglers trying to swim so they probably took off during the night.

Otherwise I am just going to chill out and play with my dog. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

My kinda day, Willie.... |^|

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 17, 2016, 06:48:26 AM
It's a beautiful morning here.  At 6 it was 55?F so I opened up the fish room and the house to grab some of that cool air.  Starting on second pot after some water changes and working with the daphnia cultures.

In two hours it's only warmed by about 5 degrees so I figure I've got another hour or so before it time to button things back up for the heat of the day to come.....

Dennis

We did that the other day too.....can't wait for the fall weather....my favorite time of year.. ;D
Jon

Mugwump

..folks, I just can't tell ya how good this coffee is this morn'n........BOOMBA great tho...MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on July 17, 2016, 07:05:14 AM
.....can't wait for the fall weather....my favorite time of year.. ;D

I was listening to the Columbus station on the way home from Mom's yesterday and they said, "7 weeks until the first game of the season."  Fall will be here before we know it!  I can't wait either.

https://youtu.be/Iar01OwPkAw

Dennis

BallAquatics

ilroost

Great morning. Rain here this morning. Got the fish room all cleaned up and worked in the 3 Raphael cats I got yesterday at the auction. They are small but 3 dollars for 3 I couldn't pass it up. And yes that's all I bought. My left hand fought with my right hand all day. The right hand wanted to raise that number and bid all day. But the left hand wouldn't let it. THANK GOD. lol

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on July 17, 2016, 03:32:06 PM
Great morning. Rain here this morning. Got the fish room all cleaned up and worked in the 3 Raphael cats I got yesterday at the auction. They are small but 3 dollars for 3 I couldn't pass it up. And yes that's all I bought. My left hand fought with my right hand all day. The right hand wanted to raise that number and bid all day. But the left hand wouldn't let it. THANK GOD. lol

.....cool score....they're neat characters.... |^|.....boy do they like Bob's #40 pellet.... ;D
Jon

ilroost

I love them. I already have one but he is 4 times the size of these. I wanted to put them in the 125 with him, but was afraid he would eat them

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on July 17, 2016, 04:31:16 PM
I love them. I already have one but he is 4 times the size of these. I wanted to put them in the 125 with him, but was afraid he would eat them

LOL...I doubt it....mine don't bother anything....and there's cory's, bristlenose, angels, etc in there.....they will bump em out of the way for their pellets tho...
Jon

Mugwump

...still 83deg's at 7PM here...heat index of 89deg's.......gotta love AC...I couldn't sleep in that crap.... wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

Not the best day here, but not the worst.  Got the mountain of laundry done, made a lovely corned beef that braised in beer for 5 hrs at 250.  Changed the oil, plug, and air filter on the mower, did fish chores and waited until it was cool enough to mow.  She cranked on the first pull.  I mowed two swipes,  threw a pebble into the side of the French door that is generally closed, and the mower quit.  That's when I heard this crinkling sound and saw the door into 1000 piece mosaic.  I've been trying to restart the mower off and on ever since.  It's not flooded.  If anything I think that it's not getting fuel when I push the primer button.  I just loaded her into Charlotte.  I have the damn dentist tomorrow morning.  I'll drop her off at the fix it place tomorrow before my appointment.

Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Take the plug out and put a couple drops of gas in there. replace plug then try to start