• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:41:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 243
Total: 243

Sponge filters

Started by Mugwump, July 16, 2016, 06:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 16, 2016, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 16, 2016, 03:09:26 PM
When you say no filter maintenance, does that mean no sponge squeezing?

No, that's with a standard HMF set-up.  The cube filters will need cleaning more often than that.  LOL

Dennis

OK, thanks. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I want to replace all my sponges.  Some of them are older than dirt.  I know that these are the ones I want.  I just have not taken the plunge.  I spend too much on fish and my guilt overcomes me.  I recently bought $250. worth of high quality ball valves.  Just today I ordered a decent inferred thermometer.  $150. gone in an instant.  Not to mention my trip to NADA, and the Discus I'll be getting from NADA.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Replacing all my sponges with the 6" cube units W/jet lifters would cost me a small fortune.... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I know.  The problem is that they ain't cheap.  I'll buy a few at a time until I have replaced them all.  I refuse do do it right now.  I've thrown enough money at the fish today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Your are right. I will replace them a few at a time. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 16, 2016, 05:47:23 PM

That's exactly what I did as well.  It took me several years to get everything switched over.  The process was accelerated just a bit towards the end when I found that Stephan was relocating.

http://ballaquatics.com/diy/hmf-aquarium-filtration/

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 16, 2016, 09:45:25 PM

That's exactly what I did as well.  It took me several years to get everything switched over.  The process was accelerated just a bit towards the end when I found that Stephan was relocating.

Dennis

....relocating ??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on July 17, 2016, 05:19:20 AM
....relocating ??

Yeah, he used to live in Columbus and I could visit on a regular basis.  His wife took a job at the Mayo Clinic and they relocated to Minnesota.....  about 10 hours drive from here. LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 17, 2016, 05:38:30 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 17, 2016, 05:19:20 AM
....relocating ??

Yeah, he used to live in Columbus and I could visit on a regular basis.  His wife took a job at the Mayo Clinic and they relocated to Minnesota.....  about 10 hours drive from here. LOL

Dennis

Ah, I see......I never realized he had been in Columbus.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 16, 2016, 09:45:25 PM

Dennis

Thanks for the link Dennis.
Willie

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 17, 2016, 06:52:12 AM
Thanks for the link Dennis.

My pleasure Willie.  Hope you enjoy the site!

Dennis