• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 261
Total: 261

Air Pump Help Needed

Started by PaulineMi, March 16, 2013, 12:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I set up my EcoPlus 8 air pump last night.  I am VERY disappointed in what seems to be an insufficient air flow going to my tanks.  I'm only using three of the eight outlets and even tried blocking off the unused five to no avail. 

I had been using a Whisper 100 on the 55's HMF and the 20 long's regular sponge filter. The water flow on the 55 was sent across the top of the tank and circulated to the bottom, back to the filter. Now the EcoPlus 8 is running two 55s and the 20 long and water flow is just falling out of the jet lifter. Not only is this situation bad, the HMF filter for the 90 will have three jet lifters and I'll need a strong water flow for the filtration.

I was getting this type of air/water flow on the 55 with the Whisper airpump :

Here are the specs on the EcoPlus 8 pump.  Did I make the mistake I'm afraid I did make....not realizing that I had to take the overall power needed for the size of the tank and filter instead of thinking because it had eight outlets it would run eight filters?

http://www.kensfish.com/moreinfo/ecoplus-8-air-pump.html

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Yes, it looks like you're under powered......whoops...Ken, should take it back, if you exchange for a larger one....give him a call..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Called Ken about the potential exchange. Left a message and also sent an email explaining I needed his help with what I should be using. 

When I had nothing but 5, 10 and 29 gallon tanks life was so easy. 40, 55s, 75 and 90s....bigger water changes, more electricity (even got a courtesy call from the electric company!!!!) and more muscle power (from guys I know) to move them. I know stuff will settle down once I get the rearranging done but am on the edge of being a little overwhelmed. 

So.....when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.  I just ordered two more discus!  They'll be here Tuesday.  Hubby's in Florida so I have to get everything done before he returns.  Then I can say "Surprise!  See what I did while you were gone." Smooth sailing.   ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

A rafflesia and a white angel from Mike.  We worked together on this now that I know a little more about what I like in a facial profile.  Here are pix of the rafflesia and the white angel I asked for. They're from his new shipment pictures. He said he was pretty sure he found the ones in the pictures for me. My discus collection will now consist of red, white and blue.   ;D

LizStreithorst

very nice.  The White Angel looks like a BD or Cobalt to me, but I think I see some PB influence.  What do you know about the strain?

Mike's hands look like they spend a lot of time in fish tanks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

I asked Mike if the White Angel stays pure white with a blue halo. He gave me an emphatic yes. My concern was the Pb influence also.

I think you are right about Mike's hands. This shipment consisted of 50 strains. That's a lot of fish to handle and arrange for photos. That doesn't sound like an appealing job to take on once a month. Then there's the downloading of pictures, inquiries, packing and shipping in addition to his "regular" job. Ugh.....but I'm glad he does it.

Mugwump

Here's a white, and some blue diamonds, etc for comparison

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson