• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 244
Total: 244

making something

Started by big b, July 12, 2016, 05:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big b

I am trying to mak something to go into my fishtank. It's basically 2 pieces of plexi glass that have to be glues together. This is going to go directly into my tank. Not going on the outside, it goes on the inside. What type of aquarium glue should I use? If so, can you send a link?

big b

nevermind, I found something.

LizStreithorst

GE Silicone #1.  You can find it at Lowes or Home Depot.  Don't buy #2.  Or you can go to the fish store and pay too much for "aquarium silicone".
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

If I were gluing up plexiglas (AKA acrylic) to go into a tank I would use a thick solvent based acrylic glue like Weldon 16 (which I get in small tubes). It works like the thicken type of model airplane glue. If you cuts are perfectly flat you could just use solvent, but cuts often have flaws.

Just wait a long time for all the solvent to evaporate and it should be bio-OK. Same as for PVC glue.

LizStreithorst

Bill is better than I am with these things.  I've never dealt with plexiglas, just glass.  Ignore what I said and do what he says.
Always move forward. Never look back.