• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:41:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Damnedest phone call I have ever received...a rant

Started by LizStreithorst, June 26, 2016, 04:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Her:  Hello, are you from Mississippi?
Me:  Who is this and why are you calling me?
Her:  My name is Lisa and I want to know what your concerns are and if want us to pray for you and if you want to be "saved"
Me:  What organization are you calling for. 
It was some religious organization that I'd never heard of.
Me: I am not interested.
I was stupidly polite and said "thank you for the call" ::)

What a scam.  My area if full of old folks with all sorts of health problem and most of them have some regrets.  This is so unfair it should be against the law.  They are preying of the most vulnerable.  I know damn well that they will offer more prayers if you give them money.

People who do that are the vultures of the human race.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

We had someone from Florida??...call Jan's folks, years back, and claim they were their oldest g'son....well, g'pa said 'Mike'...and they said sure, this is Mike....I need bail money to get out of Jail...can you wire me some money??

They had the presence of thought to call us first and ask what kind of trouble Mike was in, down there in Fla....we told em Mike's not in Florida...

Jan's Mom says..."ya sure?".....LOL....bless their hearts, they wanted to help....they'd have sent the money too.....

There are some real sick yoyo's making calls on the elderly......real sicko's.....we're waiting for the first one here.....can't wait to string em along...
then I'll have em call me back on the cop's phone number..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They aren't sickos . They are rotten to their souls and if there is a hell they will burn there.  Anyone who abuses the most vulnerable is a scoundrel .  If it happens again I will lead them on and then send the conversation to my cop friend.    He has strong feeling about what is just and what it not. 
Always move forward. Never look back.