• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 243
Total: 243

Water and Fish and Some Chemistry.......

Started by PaulineMi, March 14, 2013, 09:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Researching TDS and EC and meters.....ran across these articles. Thought I'd share:

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/management/Llambi_Water2.html
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Thanks, Pauline...I have the 'home' url bookmarked. There's a wealth of nice articles listed on this site....nice......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Yes, I saw that.  Lots of reading on the site.  Glad you liked it.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Great article Pauline, thanks!  That's more in line with my understanding of the subject.  When I was keeping freshwater dwarf shrimp several years ago I got a good education in pH and EC.  Most of the high end shrimp are very particular, (no pun intended), about TDS/EC and pH is a distant second.  The problem being, on most sites at that time, it was thought that the shrimp required very low pH water when in fact it was very pure low TDS/EC water that they needed.  My buddy Brian, the OSU micro-biologist was keeping high end CRS in filtered Columbus tap water - OH NO it just couldn't be!  LOL  It's great to learn new things!

Dennis

derick

all information is a good asset to the site.  :)
Derick