• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 328
Total: 328

Is it ever going to get to spring?

Started by Mugwump, March 14, 2013, 07:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It just won't quit up here.....and another heading in....cripes..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Sadly spring is here in Eugene, Oregon.
Daffodils are up, robins and other birds flying around, its been in the 50's and 60's recently, and tree pollen which I am very allergic to is at "high" levels.

Mugwump

Sad to say that your good weather never makes it this far....LOL...last it was too hot in March, this year too cold/snowy....why can't it just be March???....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

derick

i just cant wait for spring glorious spring to arrive.  :)
Derick

greydragon

I am glad it is starting to get nice here but i wish it would get warmer all over so it would be safer to ship fish

Mugwump

Me too....LOL....I want to make folks happy.. ;D...but there's hope in the dumb forcast....yea....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Spring is here in Mississippi.  It's glorious!  I'm not allergic to anything so I simply get to enjoy watching the trees leaf out.

Not saying we won't have another cold snap.  I remember one April Fool's Day when it snowed and the snow stuck on the ground for 3 days.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

I'll take this weather any day over the heat and humidity of summer.

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

Are you waiting to ship Jon? This weather stinks. It's in that zone where you can cook them from too much or freeze them from not enough. Just did that to Matt's fish. Dang it.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on March 15, 2013, 05:04:39 PM
Are you waiting to ship Jon? This weather stinks. It's in that zone where you can cook them from too much or freeze them from not enough. Just did that to Matt's fish. Dang it.

Yes, I have a few things to go out....and it's just what you're saying...heat pack em too much and they go into warmer weather and cook....don't use enough and risk them sitting in the cold and chilling to much...ya can't win....I've used regular 8 hr, $0.99 hand warmers as boosters, to allow for them getting out of Chicago land(with reg 72hr heat pack(s) for the rest of the trip into a warmer zone)....that worked once...but with this crap, even that is too dicey.....
  What's your method for starting heat packs??.....open early, and shake often??? in cold weather I'm always leary of a failed heat pack....or the box getting too cold before leaving town to even work right....that's one reason that I went with the hand warmer trick...they get pretty warm til the regular heat packs kick in....
Jon