• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:11:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

Lazy Sunday morn'n coffee..

Started by Mugwump, June 12, 2016, 07:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 12, 2016, 12:52:53 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on June 12, 2016, 09:37:28 AM
Guess I'll do water changes this morning. Lucy's up and coffee is dripping.... :D
Guess I won't!  ??? Got sent to the Costco store on a run!  :( Don't you just love the spur of the moment hunny-do's? wfwf
LOL....always
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The deed is done.  90 healthy Zebras  gone.  I dumped them on the fig tree.    If the dogs find them I hope they don't let me know.  I have a 29 fulll of sub adults that heeds to go too but I'll need buy another bag of ice.

It wasn't that bad.  I knew what I had to do and made myself not think about it as I was doing it.  Still, It's kinda taken the wind out of my sails as far as doing more fish room work.  I'm gonna slug down a few beers in quick succession, take a bath which won't cleanse my soul but at least will clean my body.

I'd still like to move the Discus from the kitchen, but I'm not sure that I have more heart for fish work today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 12, 2016, 01:27:14 PM
The deed is done.  90 healthy Zebras  gone.  I dumped them on the fig tree.    If the dogs find them I hope they don't let me know.  I have a 29 fulll of sub adults that heeds to go too but I'll need buy another bag of ice.

It wasn't that bad.  I knew what I had to do and made myself not think about it as I was doing it.  Still, It's kinda taken the wind out of my sails as far as doing more fish room work.  I'm gonna slug down a few beers in quick succession, take a bath which won't cleanse my soul but at least will clean my body.

I'd still like to move the Discus from the kitchen, but I'm not sure that I have more heart for fish work today.
Tough day, Liz... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's ok Ron.  The bath helped.  I'm fixin. to give the 120 long Siscus tank  big scrub.  I'll have the fish in it flopping on the bottom and give the takn the world's biggest WC.  I have 90 gallons of RO stored.  I'll move the RSGs from the kitchen to the 120.  I'll only have to use 30 gallons of aged tap.  I'll stick another cone or penis in the tank.  I'm ready for some fishy action.

Mugwump

...well, rain dissipated just north of us....another false alarm........so I finished up by mowing the back too..........

..in between it all, I got the fry water changed.....everybody's flipping around happily.. |^|...

..really good news tho....the three super nice Zebra from Willie are eating like pigs..........finally....they had made the voyage from hell getting here and were quite stressed....lucky they made it at all...the box was beat up/run over/crushed/ and used for soccer practice.....yup....the PO...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I sure am glad to hear they are doing better. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

The poor things.  What a hard trip they had.  I'm glad to know that they all survived and are eating.

LizStreithorst

This is what I wanted to do all day long.  All the Discus together in a pristine tank.  I just had to make myself do some hard stuff first before I'd allow myself a reward.  Isn't is strange how fish of the same strain hang together?  The two RSG's staring at the penis are the pair I had in the kitchen. 

I'll see how it goes.  Perhaps they were tired of their old home and just need a change of home to get them going.  I sure hope so.  I yearn for Discus fry with all my heart.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 12, 2016, 04:15:48 PM
I sure am glad to hear they are doing better. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I went to feed them this morning and they reached up and took the flake out of fingers.....LOL....much, much better now.....I may move them over to friendly digs soon.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I forget to attach the pic of the Discus tank.  Too much beer...

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 12, 2016, 04:43:51 PM

Those are beauties Liz. |^| |^| |^| I love Discus but don't think I'm up to daily WCs.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's easy peasy if you set up knowing that it's a necessity.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 12, 2016, 04:43:51 PM

...neato Liz...two dicks no waiting.. huh.....those cones break me up....Barb...I may need a couple... huh
Jon