• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

It's Happened!

Started by PaulineMi, March 10, 2013, 07:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

My discus don't seem to care about all this technical stuff.  They're at it again.  Luckily a breeding cone is on its way from Barb. Wonder if they'll move to the "bigger bedroom"?

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

It's crazy where Discus and Angels will spawn..... ;D..good luck this time around, I hope the male can do his thing on that angled surface.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

they are so good looking. good luck!!

LizStreithorst

They're young adults.  They're hot to breed and the female especially has great instincts.  Generally. it the male who is the better parent.

When I was new, I used peat and it worked.  I didn't know the first thing about water chemistry which is over my head even now.. Finding the perfect water is like searching for God.  Our goal is to find what works for each of us.  I hope you try the peat.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

I've been spending the last three days tearing down a tank and moving fish. Still have some rearranging to do which will finally result in the discus being moved into a 90 gallon tank. That should be done on Monday. It depends on when I can get help moving 55 and 90 gallon tanks and stands around.

After the fish tank rearranging is done I can concentrate on playing with the fish again. However thinking about the peat....I use it in my wild cross angel tank to get a blackwater effect.  Their eggs turn white on the third day.

Is there a color cross/combination that's preferred or frowned upon in discus?  Would these two produce the so-called "mutts", a term I've seen on Simply Discus?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

So I asked My Chem E what the difference was between the hydrogen based acids and the organic acids and the difference seems to be the elements used as an exchange material. Where as the phosphoric acid and muriatic acids are exchanging hydrogen the organic humic acids are exchanging carbon and the decomposition of the organics is offering carbonic acid. We are assuming that this is a less harsh acid than the phosphoric, may dose in more regularly and have a better feel to the fish. Real possible the hydrogen is much more reactive converted than the carbon based acids.

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?