• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239

search....

Started by Mugwump, May 25, 2016, 08:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..looking for the best private search engines?...

Ixquick.com  .... and/or stateside ...  StartPage.com

It doesn?t matter what search engine you use, or which websites you visit, some of your information is logged and cookies may be installed on your machine while browsing the web. You can limit such activity by paying for a service like IPREDator, but a free alternative now exists.

Ixquick launched a privacy search engine that allowed you to perform searches without any data being logged. The problem was, once you clicked a link in the search results you left the Ixquick privacy area and the site being visited could see your information. Ixquick has now solved that problem by introducing a new Proxy feature.

When you use the Ixquick or Startpage search engine, results will appear as normal, but underneath each link description will be a Proxy link too. Clicking it will allow you to visit a website, but remain private as it is loaded in an Ixquick privacy window. The downside to this is the page will load more slowly due to Ixquick having to retrieve it first, but if privacy is important then you probably won?t mind the wait.

The proxy service is free to use and can be tested by performing a search at Ixquick.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

The info they get from your computer is nothing compared to what they get from your smart phone.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 26, 2016, 05:51:41 AM
The info they get from your computer is nothing compared to what they get from your smart phone.....

Dennis

I know....I don't search much with my phone...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson