• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 288
Total: 288

Sunday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, May 22, 2016, 06:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....The coffee is very good on this nice morn'n...windows are open a gentle breeze blowing....heading for around 80, a carbon copy of yesterday....lots of just plain good old putz'n planned for today.. ;D

...Got some nice folks coming over late this morning for some angels, moving things around in the bird room, reheat some Galumpkis for lunch.....a nap??..we'll just take it as it comes..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great this morning. After getting a good soaking yesterday we will get hit by scattered showers with some clearing later today. It will be in the mid 80s later this week so maybe we will dry up a bit out here. wfwf wfwf wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 22, 2016, 06:49:14 AM
The coffee is great this morning. After getting a good soaking yesterday we will get hit by scattered showers with some clearing later today. It will be in the mid 80s later this week so maybe we will dry up a bit out here. wfwf wfwf wfwf

We'll get 80's too....but with rain/storms everyday.. wfwf  ....it'll be very humid, and won't cool much at night either....looks like the 'air' may go for a spell here....I don't sleep well on warm/hot muggy nights.....nope..blah...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...pot #2.....gotta feed the fish now..........running a bit late this morn'n.. |^|......
Jon

Mugwump

.....it's 85 here right now....a bit warmer than forecast......nice day....light breezes... |^|....now to hope it cools down quickly tonight....it should tho, with clear skies....

...I got some water changes done this morn'n, and I'm just about done helping Jan re-do the bird room....everything cleaned, cages, perches, food/water dishes, walls, carpet, etc...and a few of birds moved around, and some separated.....a lot more room now....lots..... ;D     

We've had a most productive day...yup....I even got a load of laundry washed and folded...... |^| w!w |^| w!w |^| w!w |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Got almost all the laundry done.  I hang it outside to day when it's sunny and warm like today.  Sparyed 3 gallons of Round Up.  I might spray another 2 gallons of the stuff tomorrow.  I need to.  If you don't like it, tough luck.  Swept and vacuumed the house, fixed my hoover floor mate and mopped.  I can't do without that mopping machine.  Did WC on the Discus pair's tank in the kitchen.  I'll start on WCs in the fish room in a bit.  I still haven't eaten.  It will be left over Chicken Masala over egg noodles.  It's thawing as I type.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 22, 2016, 04:04:53 PM
Got almost all the laundry done.  I hang it outside to day when it's sunny and warm like today.  Sparyed 3 gallons of Round Up.  I might spray another 2 gallons of the stuff tomorrow.  I need to.  If you don't like it, tough luck.  Swept and vacuumed the house, fixed my hoover floor mate and mopped.  I can't do without that mopping machine.  Did WC on the Discus pair's tank in the kitchen.  I'll start on WCs in the fish room in a bit.  I still haven't eaten.  It will be left over Chicken Masala over egg noodles.  It's thawing as I type.

,,use all the Roundup that you want......I was just offering up a much cheaper option.... 2c2
Jon

LizStreithorst

Vinegar works well for annual's.  Try it on hard stuff like privet hedge.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 22, 2016, 05:14:56 PM
Vinegar works well for annual's.  Try it on hard stuff like privet hedge.

...they say to get agriculture grade vinegar, 20%....or freeze the vinegar, and lop off the water that separates...but the acetic acid becomes an unknown strength, so be careful....others say add salt to the vinegar....or add salt to a 5gal bucket of water til it won't dissolve any more and use that....

..that southern privet hedge is nasty, hearty stuff.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I honestly believe that glycophospate is a safer alternative to adding runoff from a strong acid and sodium chloride run off to the soil.  I will continue to do as I am doing for now.  Shoot, It's not like I go spray for weeds every weekend.  This is the first time in 3 years.  Lay off, please.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 22, 2016, 08:12:34 PM
I honestly believe that glycophospate is a safer alternative to adding runoff from a strong acid and sodium chloride run off to the soil.  I will continue to do as I am doing for now.  Shoot, It's not like I go spray for weeds every weekend.  This is the first time in 3 years.  Lay off, please.

lay off??.....ok....like I said, I was just mentioning a cheaper way......not to question any environmental issues.....my bad, I guess.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sorry...Sometimes I take offence when non is intended.  It wasn't you who offended me.  It was Dennis.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 22, 2016, 08:46:40 PM
It was Dennis.

No offense intended Liz.  I live by the George Carlin guide lines of "Live and Let Live".  Just for future reference, what did I say to offend you?

Dennis

LizStreithorst

You called my friend a puppet of Monsanto. 

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 23, 2016, 07:42:45 AM
You called my friend a puppet of Monsanto.

Sorry.   :(

Dennis