• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:48:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

Setting up an AIR system

Started by P4Angels, October 17, 2012, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

My Air system setup. I did thing a little different this time. I used:
Here is the bump (JEMCO Model #LPH45)

1/2 in. x 50 ft. Polytube (main air line) - BIG box hardware store water line for yard sprinkler system. black and hides behind the tanks.

1/4 in. Barb Connectors to supply air to tanks - Drip line for yard sprinkler system

Tool to cut 1/4 barbs to air lines - to punch the bars into the hose
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/33/3314a18d-a616-4bf1-bd41-a988c53936c1_300.jpg

Some half inch Stop connectors and L's to get it around corners.

I made a manifold out of 3/4" PCV, that I can add to later if and why I need it.

this is a snap shot of the main system:

You can get 50 of the 1/4 in connectors for under 5 dollars. that is a hug cost savings over the brass fittings. I got from ebay the plastic control valves 100 of them for cheap.  You the tanks shut offs where I need them (just above the tank) and not have to go all the way up the wall to off the air.

I connected it to the stand with 1/2 in PVC holders. Work like a champ. I still have to run a bleed out valve to the system. So right now Im running a couple line into the corner to bleed it off.

The best part with this stuff, if you make a mistake you dont have to run to the hardware store and get another PVC and start over. You just fill it with a (Oh Sh!T)whole plug (set of 50 for $3.00)...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels

Jon system is sweat.  I'm sure he will chime in here.  What else are the other user doing for there systems/rooms?
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Jo

too cool! have I ever got a honey do list now! :-*
Jo

Mugwump

I'm similar, but I use 5/8" thick wall clear tube and 12-16 log gang valves in series around the room. I then run tank lines from the nearest log. I'm using a Jehmco pump too..rated for 80 outlets and I'm close, but losing no pressure. I clean/rotate the pump filters the 1st of every month.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I just got my new pump this week and I set it up today. I haven't done anything fancy with it yet. I built a box to muffle the sound. it is a little on the loud side. With the box it's about as loud as any other air pump i have had. But I was able to run a line from the tanks on the upper level of my house to the lower level where the pump is. There is a multi-outlet  air manifold on it for now with airline running off that. when I get my fish room running I will do something similar to what Jon is doing. There is also a walk in closet in that room I can put the pump in there and run a line through the wall.
this is the pump I ended up getting. so far so good.
http://www.kensfish.com/moreinfo/ecoplus-commercial-air-1.html
Scott