• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:13:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 371
Total: 371

Looks like I have a new cat

Started by LizStreithorst, May 05, 2016, 03:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

She showed up at the shop yesterday.  She's quite vocal.  I heard her in the back of the shop that I don't use saying meow.  When I got close to her she laid her ears back flat and said hiss.  She was hungry.  I had a can of dog food and fed her.  I fed her three times that day.  today she was bolder.  She jumped up on the half door and watched me.  Then she jumped into the shop, walked all over my key board, turned the ashtray over and spilled my coke.  I still couldn't touch her.  She'd sniff my hand if I held it out to her, but that was all.  She watched me do 2 dogs and the next time I held out my hand she rubbed against my arm and let me pet her.  She said purrrrrrr.

I ran to the supermarket and bought a bag of dry cat food.  At first she was afraid of it, but she learned that it was better than canned dog food.  I guess she's mine.  I didn't want another cat, but I can't refuse an animal that God gave to me.  I expect that she'll stay.  If she does we'll go to the vet for a check-up and vaccs.  then we'll be off to the spay neuter clinic for a spay.  Ellisville is full of unspayed and unneutered cats.  I will not contribute to the problem.

Don't have a name for her yet.  She's a cool cat only around 3 months old.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

She is a lucky cat.  What color is she?  Sure it is a she??  Will you take her home or have her as a shop cat?
Barb

LizStreithorst

She is for sure a female.  I looked.  I can tell.  She will not come home with my 8 dogs and another female cat who would be hugely offended.  I will feed her and love on her and have her spayed and vaccinated and keep her at the shop with access to all of Ellisville.  If  she gets stupid and leaves the safe back and side area of my shop and walks into the main road and gets killed by a passing car it will be her own stupid fault.  I don't think she will but you never know. 

She's a domestic medium hair.  She almost but not quite had a classic tabby pattern which is a circular pattern on the side.  She's a pretty cat but nothing anyone would want to enter in a show.

Mugwump

...cats are cool creatures....I'll bet she's a great mouser... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

You and the cat are both very lucky to have each other. I love cats, but Lucy is allergic to their dander.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 05, 2016, 08:27:16 PM
... I love cats ...

I have NO use for them, but the ruddy beasts seem to love me.

It all started when Terri thought the children needed a cat.  So we got Rusty.  Rusty would sit on the sofa with me and eat anything I gave her.  Next came Muffin.  Muffing would beg everything that I had and then eat nothing.  The neighbor kids brought down this mangy skinny cat they called Slick.  Naturally she was pregnant.  Well you can't spay a pregnant or nursing cat so three litters later we had Muffin, Slick, Clifford, Herman, and the two black girls, (Herman's sisters).  Herman was way to curios for his own good and was promptly eaten by something in the woods.  Clifford was a huge Tom Cat and managed to get himself shot by some a-hole bow hunter.  After that, I claimed the most expensive cat in Clark County Ohio until his demise many years later.  One of the two black girls became known as the football cat as she would curl up on the couch while I was watching college football.  Lastly came Hope.  Hope was a rescue that my daughter picked up.  I was told, "she doesn't like men."  She likes to nuzzle my beard and then go to sleep on my chest.  She was a house cat, but so wanted to go out with all the others.  It took her several months to get up the courage, but she now spends most of her time outside.  She is a born killer and very skilled at it too.  She is also the only one left.  She doesn't tolerate bad weather like she once did and consequently spends more and more time inside.

Dennis

BillT

so goes the tail of the cats...

LizStreithorst

Looks like I may not have a new cat.  I haven't seen hide nor hair of her today and I'll be out of town tomorrow.  I'll come back to the shop Sunday to feed the fish, do WC and look to see if she's eaten any of the food I left for her.  She knows where the food is.  If she gets hungry she'll come back.  She was hungry but not skinny when she first showed up Wed. 

I hope she comes back.  I decided to call her Georgia because she was always on my mind.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 06, 2016, 01:12:20 PM
Looks like I may not have a new cat.  I haven't seen hide nor hair of her today and I'll be out of town tomorrow.  I'll come back to the shop Sunday to feed the fish, do WC and look to see if she's eaten any of the food I left for her.  She knows where the food is.  If she gets hungry she'll come back.  She was hungry but not skinny when she first showed up Wed. 

I hope she comes back.  I decided to call her Georgia because she was always on my mind.

...good luck....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Disappointment...I walked into the shop and before I fed the fish I walked through my half door to my working area and heard "Meow".  I said "kitty, kitty, kitty" and I said meow back.  Nothing...What I heard was the sound my half door makes when I open it.

The food has not been touched.  She has not been back.  My hope is that she came into heat and went off to find a man and will come back in a week or so.  It's no big deal to spay a newly pregnant cat.  They can  be spayed until the day they give birth but it's a miserable job everyone hates doing.

It is also possible that she has another home and she went back.