• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 252
Total: 252

Taking A Little Break

Started by wsantia1, April 27, 2016, 09:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I'm going to take a little break from breeding. With the summer fast approaching I want to spend time on vacation, visiting friends and relatives out of town and not worrying about making bbs and moving fry. I have enough inventory for a while so I just won't set up any new projects. mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We all need one now and then, Willie.....I mentioned in another thread that while we'll grab another spawn to grow out....we've shut down a bank of (4) 55's, and have some 30's down without pairs......just easing back for a bit to enjoy some time running around... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

....but........."the best laid plans of men......."     2c2
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2016, 09:16:53 AM
We all need one now and then, Willie.....I mentioned in another thread that while we'll grab another spawn to grow out....we've shut down a bank of (4) 55's, and have some 30's down without pairs......just easing back for a bit to enjoy some time running around... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was wondering if I should put my pairs in the community tanks or just let t hem be. I think I may just move them into the communities. Who know they may just repair with something more interesting. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 27, 2016, 09:22:37 AM

I was wondering if I should put my pairs in the community tanks or just let t hem be. I think I may just move them into the communities. Who know they may just repair with something more interesting. huh

I'm leaving ours put.....most don't raise well anyway......we'll see...they'll likely start now tho...LOL...new pairs?.....there will be new pairs from the grow outs before fall....anyway, that's the plan.. |^|....just might sell off a few of the present pairs.....?....sold three off already...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2016, 09:33:44 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 27, 2016, 09:22:37 AM

I'm leaving ours put.....most don't raise well anyway......we'll see...they'll likely start now tho...LOL...new pairs?.....there will be new pairs from the grow outs before fall....anyway, that's the plan.. |^|....just might sell off a few of the present pairs.....?....sold three off already...

That's good. I can leave them intact. They are not producing well anyway except for the Koi. I have to keep my eye on that pair. I never know what they are going to do.  One spawn they want to raise and the next spawn they want to eat. huh
Willie