• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:21:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 497
Total: 497

Street Dog Biology

Started by BillT, April 19, 2016, 11:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I read every word and saw all the pictures.  Everybody knows how I love dogs. 'Most all of mine just showed up on my doorstep.  One I rescued from a vacant lot where people would dump dogs.  (Alabama sucked that way)  She is a rat terrier.  I named her Tink.  She is my most independent one. She is also extremely smart.   I have a lot of respect for her and her, "I will do for myself, thank you" way.

Until she lost her bottom front teeth while hunting she would hunt juvinal rabbits, bring them home at eat them head, fur and all.  One night I woke up to the sound of. "crunch, crunch, crunch".  I opened my eyes and it was Tink  with a deer's front leg bone that she's found down in the woods and drug up, and was eating on my bed right in front of my face!  She is my only dog who is like the ones in the story.

Now that she is older and doing for herself would be difficult she has become more appreciative of my care.  She generally jumps up on the bed at night and sleeps next to, but never touching my head.  I love obedience training and most dogs love it, too.  I never trained Tink to do anything.  I know that she'd have considered it to be an affront.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Nice reading. Thanks Bill.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.