• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 305
Total: 306

Sunday's coffee..

Started by Mugwump, April 17, 2016, 06:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very good...MMMmmmm.....windows wide open, in the low 50's headed to upper 70's..80?....another nice day here, sunny and breezy.....

....just putz'n today.....nothing special planned....well, maybe some fish room putz'n and moving fry??...culling?......

....putz'n in the yard sounds good too...Jan's been out there the last few days putz'n and prepping....won't be long til the planting can begin...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

As usual coffee is very good around here. It's cold here (35) right now but there is not a cloud in  the going up into the 70s later today. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

A possible drive to DC  may be in order but I'd much rather finish the fishroom moves I started a couple of days ago. All fry & guppies have been moved and I want to see what else I can move. :-\

I need to find a big piece of driftwood to be the centerpiece for my 150. For the time being I want to keep it bare bottom because I "may" have to move it in a few months. Getting substrate out of my tanks has always been a problem. I can't imagine getting it out of the 150. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 17, 2016, 06:28:41 AM
As usual coffee is very good around here. It's cold here (35) right now but there is not a cloud in  the going up into the 70s later today. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

A possible drive to DC  may be in order but I'd much rather finish the fishroom moves I started a couple of days ago. All fry & guppies have been moved and I want to see what else I can move. :-\

I need to find a big piece of driftwood to be the centerpiece for my 150. For the time being I want to keep it bare bottom because I "may" have to move it in a few months. Getting substrate out of my tanks has always been a problem. I can't imagine getting it out of the 150. huh

....yep, those deep 150's get your arm pits wet every time......they do make those 2ft long, or so, graspers for deeper tanks...never got one myself tho, just dove in...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Getting substrate out of my tanks has always been a problem.

Last couple of times I've needed to remove substrate I just vacuum it out into a 5 gallon bucket.  Works like a charm.   ;)

Another great day on tap here.  Currently 56?F going up to 80?F this afternoon, no rain in the forecast until Thursday.  If things work out, I should be able to finish up some of the yard work today.  Still need to clear some beds out front, and relocate some ferns out back.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 17, 2016, 07:28:29 AM

Last couple of times I've needed to remove substrate I just vacuum it out into a 5 gallon bucket.  Works like a charm.   ;)

Dennis

That's what I do also. It's just this tank which is a 150 tall that I don't want to deal with. When it is finally moved and finished, it will be a very long time before it's moved again.  mim mim mim
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 17, 2016, 08:31:44 AM

Dennis

That's what I do also. It's just this tank which is a 150 tall that I don't want to deal with. When it is finally moved and finished, it will be a very long time before it's moved again.  mim mim mim

I wish that I could have fit that 150 we had down there...but..it was not to be......great tank......
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 17, 2016, 08:36:36 AM

Dennis

I wish that I could have fit that 150 we had down there...but..it was not to be......great tank......

It's very heavy too. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 17, 2016, 08:43:20 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 17, 2016, 08:36:36 AM

Dennis

It's very heavy too. lol

.....a beast...... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

Mugwump

...actually hit 83deg's here today.......cooling off now...around 70deg's......headed for around 50 and great windows open sleeping weather... |^|
Jon