• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,316
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 238
Total: 238

Caution needed folks..

Started by Mugwump, April 12, 2016, 11:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Watch it folks, they're starting to flush hydrants in a lot local towns now....T's the season...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Periodically, you will see Public Works personnel releasing water from hydrants. Hydrant flushing is necessary to test the hydrants to make sure adequate flow and pressure is available. Flushing is also done to remove sediment from the pipes in order to maintain water clarity and quality in the distribution pipes.
Hydrant Flushing and Water Main Maintenance
cityservices.baltimorecity.gov/dpw/.../waterquality12.html
Jon

BallAquatics

Ah, the joys of well water.  I could never get used to the swimming pool smell when drinking city water.   :(

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 12, 2016, 01:12:22 PM
Ah, the joys of well water.  I could never get used to the swimming pool smell when drinking city water.   :(

Dennis

Our Dekalb water is surprisingly good....neutral PH 7.2...and tds's in the mid 100's......not bad at all really, we only get the slight smell after extreme wet weather when they'll treat it....or after the hydrant flushing yearly.....no complaints here...
Jon

ilroost

wsantia1

I have municipal water that is actually quite good. PH 7.2 with TDS at 86 out of the tap. The fish love it.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.