• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 317
Total: 318

Tuesday's coffee===>

Started by Mugwump, April 12, 2016, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and a super good cup of coffee it is too...MMMMmmmmm   

,,Morn'n everyone !!

The weather is beginning to get a bit warmer now, 50's today...sunny and bright too !

..Need to pack a box to go out this morning, then some water changes....I might just fire up the grill too ??....or wait til the nicer temps coming this weekend??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great coffee this morning. First pot down the hatch. Passing rain right now but they are "predicting" sunny skies and warm weather (70s) for the next 7 days. Won't fire up the grill today but soon. May check it to make sure everything works and that it is clean.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Frost here this morning, but temps going into the mid 70's by the end of the week.  Had enough rain yesterday that ALL the tanks got water changes yesterday.  If the cories weren't on a maintenance diet, I'd have eggs everywhere this morning  LOL

The toughness of daphnia never ceases to amaze me.  With all that's been going on, I've severely neglected my daphnia cultures.  About a week ago I checked the culture tanks for any signs of life.  There were just a few very washed out critters in 2 of the tanks.  After a water change and a good feeding of green water, the cultures where to the point that they could be split yesterday!

Also, I thought mosquito larvae needed access to air to survive.  Had a batch of them culturing well and they froze over solid a couple of days ago.  I figured that was it for them, but when I checked them yesterday evening, the larvae were doing fine now that the ice has melted.  They were much too big to be a new batch so they had to be survivors.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Pot #2 about half done.....doing some early putz'n and getting the box ready to go... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

[quote author=BallAquatics link=topic=8216.msg67805#msg67805 date=1460463744
Also, I thought mosquito larvae needed access to air to survive.  Had a batch of them culturing well and they froze over solid a couple of days ago.  I figured that was it for them, but when I checked them yesterday evening, the larvae were doing fine now that the ice has melted.  They were much too big to be a new batch so they had to be survivors.....

Dennis
[/quote]

Poikilothermic - metabolism slowed down to almost nothing....don't you think?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

We have found a coffee shop here that makes a great breve latte that we both like. Funny...we're getting up about the same time here as we do in Seattle area, but it's 2-3 more hours from most of you folks on here. By the time we're getting our morning coffee, you are finished lunch and planning dinner...!

No LFS here on Maui. No aquarium club either. Bummer!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 12, 2016, 12:45:18 PM
Poikilothermic - metabolism slowed down to almost nothing....don't you think?

That was the first thing that came to mind.  I don't know what else would explain it.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 12, 2016, 12:56:20 PM
We have found a coffee shop here that makes a great breve latte that we both like. Funny...we're getting up about the same time here as we do in Seattle area, but it's 2-3 more hours from most of you folks on here. By the time we're getting our morning coffee, you are finished lunch and planning dinner...!

No LFS here on Maui. No aquarium club either. Bummer!

http://www.honoluluaquariumsociety.org/

https://www.facebook.com/honoluluaquariumsociety/

..plus the reclusive Neil Oyama lives there.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

.....another nice sunny day...............we could get spoiled here....LOL
Jon

wsantia1

The rain has stopped and the sun is out. Still a little cool and breezy but that will change for the better over the next few day. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

Woke up sick as a dog. Didn't go to work,  Slept till noon except for when I got up to puke and shoo the horse out of the house.  Feeling better now.  I don't get sick often and when I do I generally get over it fast.  Rained a bunch last night but nothing so far today.  The sun was actually out for a bit.  The weather man on the radio says the rain is done with but WeatherUnderground says that it will rain  every day until Sunday. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery Liz!   .!!.

Dennis

BallAquatics

It's turned out to be a very nice day here.  Nothing like lounging on the back porch in the sun.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 12, 2016, 04:08:30 PM
Woke up sick as a dog. Didn't go to work,  Slept till noon except for when I got up to puke and shoo the horse out of the house.  Feeling better now.  I don't get sick often and when I do I generally get over it fast.  Rained a bunch last night but nothing so far today.  The sun was actually out for a bit.  The weather man on the radio says the rain is done with but WeatherUnderground says that it will rain  every day until Sunday.

I hope you feel better, Liz.....being sick sucks... wfwf
Jon

wsantia1

Hope you feel better soon Liz.
Willie