• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 272
Total: 273

Windows XP

Started by Mugwump, April 11, 2016, 09:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Windows XP: Microsoft Operating System Remains 3rd Most Popular OS, Report Says
The 15-year-old operating system holds a 10.9 percent share of the desktop OS market and has a larger install base than Apple's OS X El Capitan software, according to Netmarketshare.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm fine with Windows 10 but I was in love with XP.  Shame we can't go back in time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I still run XP on my old machine.. |^|...it purrs  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It's been a while since I used XP as I upgraded to Windows 7 early for free (I was a beta tester).

Hopefully I have Windows 10 tweaked to my liking. Not missing any software lately.  |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Most of my clients have systems that are running XP.  Some have software that won't run on newer Windoze and others have networks that newer Windoze can not communicate with.

Dennis

Mugwump

My HP inkjet won't run on Win10...and that stinks.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 13, 2016, 05:49:04 PM

Can you see it in the control panel? It could be driver issue and Windows 10 deleted the driver during an update. You may need to reinstall it.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 13, 2016, 06:19:52 PM

Can you see it in the control panel? It could be driver issue and Windows 10 deleted the driver during an update. You may need to reinstall it.

HP site says they don't support Win10 ...no drivers for it..... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 13, 2016, 06:34:29 PM

That's weird. How old is the printer? Could be HP would prefer you bought a new printer? huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 13, 2016, 06:44:14 PM

That's weird. How old is the printer? Could be HP would prefer you bought a new printer? huh

..exactly.....this older HP 3-1 rocks still....so far, I'm still running the old XP machine...but I'd like to shut it down soon..... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 13, 2016, 06:56:43 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 13, 2016, 06:44:14 PM

..exactly.....this older HP 3-1 rocks still....so far, I'm still running the old XP machine...but I'd like to shut it down soon..... huh

That's what I had before I got the HP wireless. Had it forever. I think it may be in the garage.  The HP wireless lasted 13 months. It was cheaper to buy a new printer (the canon) than fix it. It would print but wouldn't scan or copy.
Willie