• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 332
Total: 333

Forums

Started by LizStreithorst, April 10, 2016, 12:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I joined a cooking forum several weeks ago.  I was amazed to see that despite the strict rules some people get offended and want to fight!  I was there just looking for advice and information and to tell what has worked for me.  There's a fight wanting to start now about whether to grill  Boston butt fat cap up or fat cap down.  Can you believe it?   
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I say up.  What do you say?  Forums can be great or just the opposite. 
Barb

Rjb3

Quote from: Barb on April 10, 2016, 01:57:41 PM
I say up.  What do you say?  Forums can be great or just the opposite. 
Barb

Let's take this outside. LOL

Mugwump

...up, so the juices flow back over/thru the meat....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I say up as well, but I'm no expert.  I suggested that the two wanting to fight over this try it both ways and post their results.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 10, 2016, 03:06:19 PM
I say up as well, but I'm no expert.  I suggested that the two wanting to fight over this try it both ways and post their results.

Heck give em esch a long handle spoon and have at it
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They're not all bad, they just look to fight over nothing.  One guy posted this recipe for black bean soup.  I can't wait to try it.  I will use smoked necks rather than ham hocks and home made pork stock rather than chicken stock.  http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/iso-good-black-bean-soup-recipe-95375.html#post1462203

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on April 10, 2016, 03:23:12 PM

LOL  "Choose your weapon" "Okay, spoons at twenty paces"

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on April 10, 2016, 05:36:22 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 10, 2016, 03:23:12 PM

LOL  "Choose your weapon" "Okay, spoons at twenty paces"

+1.....My grandmother (Mom's Mom) was about 4ft 11"...maybe?.....she had a big long wooden spoon the she would wave at ya when shoo'n you out of the kitchen....LOL...what a sight  ;D....and a plaque that read "This is the kitchen of Charlotte P Beldon, and if you don't like it, then get the hell out of here"......what a great and lovely women....I'd sit on a counter top, out of her way, of course, and we'd talk while I watched her cook.....wonderful memories.. ;D    her and that huge wooden spoon....
Jon