• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:56:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 331
Total: 331

The difference between the BSP imports 2014 vs 2016

Started by Babers, April 07, 2016, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

I've read a lot of posts regarding the 2014 imports loosing colors, fry initially having dark fins and fades as they grow bigger, fish not healthy, bsp being hets and posts with "buyer beware". It was a barrier that needed to be broken. I've got a lot of inquiries but are hesitant about the fish...until they receive them and then are very happy with them. That's the only time they get convienced.

So I think here is the biggest difference why the 2014 imports are the way they are. Here's a quote word for word from another forum from the breeder, Raiko.

He said, "Unlike previous import (AngelfishUSA a year ago), all fish in Joel have dark gene. These fish are the original version of the BSP, which I have shown a few years ago in this forum. They are hybrid black version BSP angelfish. (not D/+ version). These angelfish have darker colored fins (like all hybrid black angelfish, which are darker than D/+ angelfish even without bg/bg gene)."
Joel

Mugwump

I saw that too....interesting.....I'm wondering what you'll get from a spawn...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

Yes, I would like see what they look like also, to see if there's a noticeable difference between Dena's results to mine. I do have the ability to make blushings, ghosts, and the siver pb/pb variant. We'll see....
Joel

Babers

I was able to compare fish with Dena. Her BSP from 2014 to mine. And there is obviously a difference. David noted that his imports started loosing colors when they were quarter to dollar in size. This is NOT the case on mine....

Here's the link.....

http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/forum/showthread.php/867-Bulgarian-Green/page6
Joel

Babers

Joel

Babers

Joel

Mugwump

...very good pics Joel......those are sweeeeet !

..are you still doing any discus??.....you do know that the NADA show will be in Chicago this coming July...right?....a few folks from here will be traveling to attend too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson