• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

Started by ghonk, April 03, 2016, 07:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

I wish i had a dollar for every time someone has wasted my time by contacting me about purchasing something i had for sale.
I'm guessing 3/4 of them never show up,and i'm not talking about JUST contacting me and not responding back to my reply.

I mean after SEVERAL emails and calls back and forth,and how most of them are DYING to buy what i have.
And then most of them vanish like a fart in the wind,just stop answering my emails or calls.

Many of them     set up a pick up time,and then CHANGE it later,which i agree to.Some MORE then once,and then that's the END of it.

I have heard it ALL.   
I NO LONGER will hold anything,been burnt to many times doing that,and then  the SO CALLED buyer just disappears.

I had a ad on craigslist,and in my ad it stated ***NO TEXT***,3 TIMES.
So what does someone do,asks me to text them.So i responded to the moron that i don't text LIKE IT SAID IN MY AD 3 TIMES.

So his reply back was,why don't you  text,it's COMFORTABLE.
ARE YOU FREAK'IN KIDDING ME,i didn't realize YOU were making up the rules of how i do business.

And here's a clue for the buyer,ANSWER YOUR PHONE when i call you within 5 MINUTES  of receiving your email with your # included.But NOOOO,it goes to your answering service so we  can  play phone call circle jerk. 

Mugwump

...Yup....they're out there in droves.....I'll do it one time....then the fish become unavailable to them......happens at swaps too, but I make 'em pay first before I bag em and hold them for them... |^| ;D w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Since selling on craigslist and ebay is my only income i really don't have a choice but to deal with their BS.
If i had other options i wouldn't be bothered with it,or tell them to kiss my ass a LOT  quicker then i do now.
I did go nuts on a couple of them,i'm glad they didn't show up or i would probably end up getting my ass kicked after i punched them in the head a couple times.

Babers

I think it comes with the territory...I do experience the same frustrations sometimes...I just think of it as...."it's their loss, not mine". I get to enjoy my fish, and they won't!
Joel

ghonk

It's not just fish,but everything else i sell too.
Mostly vintage audio,but all kinds of other stuff.

I give a very complete description of everything i list,and include many pictures, but can understand if the potential buyer has questions about the item,no problem.

But what really pisses me of is when they apparently disappear off the face of the earth,after wasting my time.
Rather then telling me they are no longer interested,or changed their mind.

But i guess they can't be BOTHERED with that,probably to busy with other things like staring at their cell phone like a lunatic.
I'm guessing most of them didn't suffer a traumatic brain injury,die in a car crash,spontaneously combust or were abducted by aliens.