• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 271
Total: 271

Easter Sunday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, March 27, 2016, 06:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Good more'n everyone...........the coffee is very, very good...MMMMmmm.....slept much better last night....zonked out big time....

...just a bit of putz'n today....mostly just relax'n..... 8)

..40's now headed to low 50's and rain moving in later....snow??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Happy Easter everyone. Coffee is great and I feel great. Some clouds most of the day but temps will be in the hi 50s with light winds off the Atlantic. Rain tonight into tomorrow morning. I am starting to sound like a meteorologist.  huh

Putzing on tap with some fish moves. Unfortunately those fish moves will involve some culling. After today's move there will be no more fry in the 5 gallon baby fry tanks. |^| |^| |^|

Since I didn't plan anything for dinner I thing I will defrost a porterhouse steak from the freezer for tonight. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Looks like another great day here.  Temps into the mid 70's with rain late this afternoon.  Nothing planned, I'll see what the day brings.  Should probably get out and do some serious yard clean-up before the rain arrives.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Woke up at 4 AM, can't get back to sleep. No coffee yet cause I want to lay back down and try to sleep again in a few minutes.

When I do get back up for the day I plan WCs, and to build 6 more white worm boxes. The cultures I got from Ed need to be split up and I want to get it done before we leave for vacation next Saturday. I'm also culturing Grindal worms. Experimenting with several methods...soil, soil-less, & coir for substrate.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Pot #2....and the sun is trying to come out now....  huh....rain and storms are over by the Iowa border now..... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 27, 2016, 06:30:04 AM
Happy Easter everyone. Coffee is great and I feel great. Some clouds most of the day but temps will be in the hi 50s with light winds off the Atlantic. Rain tonight into tomorrow morning. I am starting to sound like a meteorologist.  huh

Putzing on tap with some fish moves. Unfortunately those fish moves will involve some culling. After today's move there will be no more fry in the 5 gallon baby fry tanks. |^| |^| |^|

Since I didn't plan anything for dinner I thing I will defrost a porterhouse steak from the freezer for tonight. |^| |^| |^|

Just got back from a quiick 2+ mile walk through the park with Kobe. Now for more coffee before I begin my putzing down in the fishroom.  mim mim mim
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 27, 2016, 08:28:20 AM

Just got back from a quiick 2+ mile walk through the park with Kobe. Now for more coffee before I begin my putzing down in the fishroom.  mim mim mim

....you need to take coffee to the fish room too... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Rainy here.  I'm about fed up with rain.

I filled the leaking 20 with water yesterday afternoon.  It's holding water.  I'll set it up today.  I have wigglers this morning.  Most didn't hatch because the eggs were laid in aged tap.  I wasn't expecting any but I have 20 or so.

The bad news is that my infrared thermometer got wet last night due to a water change accident.  I put it in a bag of rice last night.  This morning I have it sitting on the exhaust vent of the dehumidifier.  I can't live without it so I guess I'll be driving into Lowes later. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

All is good except for the rain.  I brought the infrared thermometer back to life.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 27, 2016, 10:51:25 AM

All is good except for the rain.  I brought the infrared thermometer back to life.

...I imagine we've all dropped things in our tanks over the years.....I wonder what the oddest thing was...???.....I've come close with my phone...?..I've knocked in a light or two...came very close with a cup of coffee.....can of food....?

anybody  huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

This one with the thermometer was strange.  I was changing the water of my kitchen fish (The Discus in QT)  Nothing I use is shared with the fish room, including their water storage container.  I had cut off the lid of the container with a sawzaw but keep it upside down on the container to keep the heat in.  When I do WC I set it on the kitchen floor.  I'd done the WC and was refilling the container with tap water with a hose from an outside faucet.  The refill hose slipped out of the container and fell on the container's lid where I keep the thermometer.   A picture shows it better than words.  Dang hose could have fallen anywhere else and all I've had was some water to mop up.

Mugwump

...nice rig....you might be able to find a barrel caddy for it and be able to roll it around too...?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Good idea but I don't need that at this point.  The fish will be out of the kitchen and in the fish room once  the new stands are built. 

wsantia1

I cleared out a 29 to move my Blue Marble fry into. I'll do it in the morning since I am about putzed out. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I hate culling but it made some room for some others that would not thrive due to overcrowding. ::)

In the future I need to be more diligent about culling earlier before those culls turn too darn cute. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 27, 2016, 02:48:30 PM

I cleared out a 29 to move my Blue Marble fry into. I'll do it in the morning since I am about putzed out. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I hate culling but it made some room for some others that would not thrive due to overcrowding. ::)

In the future I need to be more diligent about culling earlier before those culls turn too darn cute. huh

,,,yes...it does help..... |^| w!w |^|
Jon