• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 331
Total: 331

grocery list

Started by LizStreithorst, March 25, 2016, 04:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Tonight I will make chicken fried rice. 

I made up my list for the week end.  I will have snow crab tomorrow.  So delicious and so easy.  Sunday I will make a wonderful meatloaf and scalloped 'taters.

I'll have a chicken carcass to make good chicken stock from and the wonderful shells from the snow crap to make seafood stock from.  I bet I'll make a Jambalaya next weekend with the stock.  My 30 fancy candy bars from Germany came in to day so I have desert, too!

Others make do with potato chip sandwiches with ketchup.  Not me.  I may not eat a lot but when I eat, I eat well.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 25, 2016, 04:01:36 PM
Tonight I will make chicken fried rice. 

I made up my list for the week end.  I will have snow crab tomorrow.  So delicious and so easy.  Sunday I will make a wonderful meatloaf and scalloped 'taters.

I'll have a chicken carcass to make good chicken stock from and the wonderful shells from the snow crap to make seafood stock from.  I bet I'll make a Jambalaya next weekend with the stock.  My 30 fancy candy bars from Germany came in to day so I have desert, too!

Others make do with potato chip sandwiches with ketchup.  Not me.  I may not eat a lot but when I eat, I eat well.

...sounds good....but potato chip sandwiches ROCK!!!!!.....and it doesn't take a bunch of fancy spices, chicken stock, crap juice junk, to make either...so there !!...food snob....................besides, you don't even need to cook at all...or have rice???.....

tonite we had corned beef, Julienne potatoes, French cut green beans, and fruit.... |^| ;D |^|....no fancy German candy bars that they likely got from Switzerland either......a few little Debbie cakes will do just fine..thank you..... =;-)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The chocolate does taste like it's from Switzerland.  Your dinner tonight sounded good.  I'm not fond of crap white bread nor ketchup except as an ingredient in a very few dishes.  Tater chips are OK if they're locally produced.

I started learning to cook 8 years ago because the restaurants in Ellisville suck so I had no choice.  Call me a food snob if you like but I know what's good.  I have taste.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 25, 2016, 05:32:30 PM
The chocolate does taste like it's from Switzerland.  Your dinner tonight sounded good.  I'm not fond of crap white bread nor ketchup except as an ingredient in a very few dishes.  Tater chips are OK if they're locally produced.

I started learning to cook 8 years ago because the restaurants in Ellisville suck so I had no choice.  Call me a food snob if you like but I know what's good.  I have taste.

..are you insinuating that I have no taste... huh......LOL.....I'm lucky, I guess, I can enjoy about any food....gourmet to 'munchie'..... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
I'm your perfect dinner guest.. ;D |^| ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 25, 2016, 05:47:25 PM
.....I'm lucky, I guess, I can enjoy about any food....gourmet to 'munchie'.....

Same here.  I can enjoy a feast consisting of a tin of sardines and some saltines just as well as something much fancier.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Bought my crab claws today and the makin's for meat loaf and scalloped 'taters.

Mug, I know that you have good taste in food.  You just need more of it than I do.  I'm just 5'3" and I get a lot of my calories from beer.  When I cook for myself I want it to be good because I'll eat the leftovers for days if it's good, and sometimes have some to freeze so I have something wonderful to eat if I don't want to cook. 

If I were to serve you dinner I would want to blow you away, and I'd be a nervous wreck because I'm a shy cook and the only other person I've had to cook for is Marth and I was a wreck when I cooked for her.  She always raves about my cooking so I figure I do it well.  Marth says that in her experience a person either likes to cook or likes to clean.  I suppose it's true.  I like the results of cleaning but doing it is a PITA.  Cooking is fun.  I never waste seafood shells nor a chicken carcass.  It's fun to make a stock and freeze it because I know that when I use the stock to cook with the result will be noticeably better than if I'd used the shit out of the box.

Bottom line...I cook because it's fun.  I clean because it's necessary.  You do not have bad taste you just need a lot of food.

The label says that the chocolate bars are made in Germany.  I'm sure that they use the process used in Switzerland.  It has the Swiss mouth feel. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 26, 2016, 01:40:32 PM
Bought my crab claws today and the makin's for meat loaf and scalloped 'taters.

Mug, I know that you have good taste in food.  You just need more of it than I do.  I'm just 5'3" and I get a lot of my calories from beer.  When I cook for myself I want it to be good because I'll eat the leftovers for days if it's good, and sometimes have some to freeze so I have something wonderful to eat if I don't want to cook. 

If I were to serve you dinner I would want to blow you away, and I'd be a nervous wreck because I'm a shy cook and the only other person I've had to cook for is Marth and I was a wreck when I cooked for her.  She always raves about my cooking so I figure I do it well.  Marth says that in her experience a person either likes to cook or likes to clean.  I suppose it's true.  I like the results of cleaning but doing it is a PITA.  Cooking is fun.  I never waste seafood shells nor a chicken carcass.  It's fun to make a stock and freeze it because I know that when I use the stock to cook with the result will be noticeably better than if I'd used the shit out of the box.

Bottom line...I cook because it's fun.  I clean because it's necessary.  You do not have bad taste you just need a lot of food.

The label says that the chocolate bars are made in Germany.  I'm sure that they use the process used in Switzerland.  It has the Swiss mouth feel.

...perfect... |^|...and yes, Swiss chocolate does have a different 'mouth' feel.....more creamy, hang on taste ...kinda...hard to describe...
Jon

LizStreithorst

This is why Swiss is so good.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conche

Belgian used to be the best but I haven't been able to buy good Belgian chocolate for 20 years.  I don't know why.  They used the Lindt method (my mouth told me) but somehow they made it even better.  I've tried but I haven't been able to buy excellent Belgian chocolate for 30 years.  Perhaps it only exists in Belgium.