• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 256
Total: 256

Unicorn poop cory's

Started by shatanka, February 27, 2013, 07:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Spawning Cory catfish was great fun. I'd have to stop and think; how many species did I spawn? Once, I had 30 species running around here. LOL

I had a bag of Orange Lasers on the swap table one time and a guy picked them up and said " There's eggs in there". I told him the price went up because now they were a breeding group. He put them down and took off before I could tell him I was kidding.

b125killer

I just want one to tell everyone that i have Unicorn poop. That was a good article especially about the self-poising. I didn't know that.

Scott

shatanka

OH MY! Do you really have some? Are you in the process of trying to breed them? If so, I would be interested..if they are affordable that is. Can you post pics?
Yes, that article about self-poisoning was very interesting! I had heard that before, but this article was very interesting on the "how to" of catching them to try to prevent this from happening better. Thanks for posting that!

Mugwump

Quote from: shatanka on February 28, 2013, 06:21:31 AM
OH MY! Do you really have some? Are you in the process of trying to breed them? If so, I would be interested..if they are affordable that is. Can you post pics?
Yes, that article about self-poisoning was very interesting! I had heard that before, but this article was very interesting on the "how to" of catching them to try to prevent this from happening better. Thanks for posting that!

LOL...no..he just wants to TELL everyone he has them.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

LOL  OK FUNNY BOY LOL ! Too early for my brain this morning! Now, I don't know if you are kidding, or if he is? LOL  I need more coffee! ha ha

b125killer

No I don't have any. Just want one to say that I have unicorn poop. That's crazy that the cories were dying in the bag at the counter of the fish shop.
Scott

b125killer

Oh great I got unicorn poop stuck in my head now. I'm going to be saying that all day. Unicorn poop
Scott

shatanka

OHHHH.. you guys are messin with me this morning! LOL  I had my hopes up for some Unicorn Poop this morning too!  :(  lol
Funny about saying that all day! lol  Gosh, do you all always wake up with such humor? I can't keep up! MORE COFFEEEEEEE!! lol  I have to keep up with the big boys here....

b125killer

What do you mean wake up? Unfortunately I work nights I have been up sense 1:30PM yesterday. I'm lucky that I can think at all right now.     
Scott

shatanka

OH..dang! That sucks. Well, I hope you get some good zzz's shortly. Instead of counting sheep, you can think Unicorn poop, Unicorn poop, Unicorn poop...as you drift off to sleep. You're going to kill me for saying that now, cuz you will be saying it in your head more as you drift off...lol 

b125killer

I have to stay up today. I need to get my license plate sticker today. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. I'm going to ask my wife if I can get some Unicorn poop. I just won't tell her how much it is. I'll let her find out when she looks at the bank statement. LOL I would have better luck setting up another tank. 
Scott

Frank The Plumber

I'll tell ya. If something poops that I hope it comes out head first and the barbs are relaxed. Oyyy.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

ilroost

Just had a few email exchanges with frank last night. I didn't know he was the one selling them. He has to be imo the best cory guy there is.He just said last night that he was not selling anymore fish. That is sad. He has some really rare cories. Boy what i wouldn't give to get a hold of some of his cories.

shatanka

Yes, he's got quite the reputation! Sad he is not selling anymore. I think I read somewhere in one of his posts that he is keeping some of his cories for his own stock. Maybe he'll decide later to pick it all up again?  Yeah, I wish I could get a few of some of them too...these especially.

shatanka

Yeah, I remember I know where I read it- this was a post from "Dave" the moderator on this site-

http://www.madisonaquatichobby.com/forum/index.php?threads/frank-fancone-coryologist.1574/

Frank is closing up shop due to health issues.

From an email I just received:

"Greetings. As some of you may be aware, I have been struggling with serious
health issues over the past few years. Unfortunately, my situation recently has
taken a decided turn for the worse and I find myself unable to give my best
efforts to maintaining a commercial operation where I am able to provide
dependable service in a timely manner.

Although I have tried to hang-on as best as I could, it is painfully clear that
delaying the inevitable is nothing more than a foolhardy attempt to face
reality. I'm famous for that. lol.

So it is with a heavy heart (no pun intended) and a sense of relief that I tell
you that I have started to move out most of the fish that I keep for commercial
purposes, in an effort to reach a point where I will only be keeping my absolute
favorite fish for personal enjoyment. I've been in this hobby for 54 years and
plan to continue to enjoy it for as long as I'm breathing."

So sad that one has to leave what they love and know well.  I do wish him the best.