• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 12:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Sterbai spawn

Started by Jdmcfast, November 20, 2012, 06:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

All I know to say is wowser!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Jo

Ron Sower

Jon, when prepping the adults to spawn do you keep the temp up near 80?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I think a cool water change brings on a spawn, if they're ready. Sterbias are a stout breed and can take discus like temp's.....most corys can't..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Jon is right my Sterbias norm temp. is 78. I do a cool water change and most of the time tey will spawn.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Jdmcfast

I had a few hatch in the last 30hrs or so, but didn't make it. With the holiday I haven't been home a lot hopefully some more will hatch and ill be here to feed them. Did a water change and put a few vinegar eels in tonight. If it doesn't work out atleast ill be ready for next time.
Josh

ilroost

sorry to hear that josh, maybe the rest will hatch while your home. i know what you mean by the holidays, i really need to catch up on some water changes

Jdmcfast

Yep I'm behind on everything I think???
Josh

Mugwump

Did you end up with any fry??....I hope so.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

No I didn't have any make it.....this time. But there is always another day
Josh

b125killer

Sorry you didn't have any make it. It sucks when you have a spawn go bad.
Scott

Jo

Oh so sorry none of your babies made it!  :'(
Jo

Ron Sower

any more Sterbai spawns?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Jdmcfast

Yes lots of ready small spawns but no more big ones. I've probably got about 18 fry growing out right now
Josh

EvanJ

Sweet!!!!! You beat scott to the punch...lol :-X