• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:07:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

St Pat's day...

Started by Mugwump, March 14, 2016, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..who's having corned beef and cabbage?...MMMMMMmmmmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Me ME,i can't remember the last time  i didn't have it on SPD.At least 20 years ago.
I bought 6 of them,cooking 2 and likely freezing the others.
I LOVE CB,top 5 favorites for sure.   

ghonk

I normally get about 8,a couple times they reduced the price after the holiday.
I went nuts those times. :)

BallAquatics

I'm thinking Reuben sandwiches...

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 15, 2016, 05:41:39 AM
I'm thinking Reuben sandwiches...

Dennis

+1...I like em too...

Quote from: ghonk on March 15, 2016, 02:50:59 AM
I normally get about 8,a couple times they reduced the price after the holiday.
I went nuts those times. :)

We get a bunch too... |^| ;D |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

No Doubt here. Love corned beef

LizStreithorst

I am, but I'll have it on Sunday.  I finally broke down and ordered some super good Jewish sour dough Rye.  It'll be in tomorrow ;D  Ruben's and corned beef sandwiches here I come. https://www.zingermans.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=B-RYE
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I will probably make mine tomorrow. I have a friend who invited me over for SPD and I'll eat some over there too. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 15, 2016, 07:06:23 PM
I will probably make mine tomorrow. I have a friend who invited me over for SPD and I'll eat some over there too. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

..cool...a 2 fer...... |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Since he was an Italian maybe lasagna.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I only had 2 dogs and the phone only rang for appointments tomorrow and Sat.  So I made an early getaway and put my corned beef on ;D  In the past my supermarket has only carried the flat cut corned beef brisket.  This time they had the point cut as well.  I didn't know the difference until I did a bit of research and found out that the flat cut contains little fat.  I bet that's why I've found my corned beef tough and flavorless in the past.  This time I'm using the point cut.  I'm a skinny little thing.  To me fat is not the embodiment of evil, it is a good thing ;D

I'm making it with beer rather than water and cooking it low and slow in the oven rather than simmering it on the stove top.  I found this recipe.  It had better be good because it will be between 4 and 6  hrs before it's ready.  I'll be on the verge of starvation!
http://steamykitchen.com/14556-guinness-corned-beef-with-cabbage-recipe.html

Mugwump

....I'll bet it smells good in there?...MMMmmmmm
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yes, I've been enjoying the aroma for about 20 minutes now.  It's only going to get stronger.  I hope I don't die before I get to eat wfwf

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2016, 01:28:17 PM
Yes, I've been enjoying the aroma for about 20 minutes now.  It's only going to get stronger.  I hope I don't die before I get to eat wfwf

...chin up !!...you can do it !!  =;-)
Jon

LizStreithorst

5 more minutes before I flip it in the pot and put it back to cook for another 2 to 4 hrs ???  I have fish room work to do.  When I work I don't think about food.  I am strong.  I can survive another several hours without food.