• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 484
Total: 484

New addition

Started by Babers, March 06, 2016, 11:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

This is Max. We got him from a couple in Dubuque, Iowa last week. He's a cavapoo. A year and a half old. The couple had him since he was 6 months old.

Anyway, I thought we would never get a dog again. We had a labradoodle that we rescued when he was 10 months old. Unfortunately he got sick last November and despite all the efforts we did for him, he didn't make it. Everyone was crying when we lost him. Because of that traumatic incident, I was really hesitant to get another dog.

But when my wife said...we need to get a dog, I said yes. So I started looking around online. I was not planning on getting one from a breeder or a store. I knew there's a lot of them out there that needs rescuing. I really don't know what to get. My instructions were...small dos that don't shed a lot. So I looked around, emailed a lot of people. And finally, I found 2 dogs from the same owner who's trying to have them adopted. A 4 year old cockapoo and 1 1/2 year old cavapoo. We didn't waste any time going to iowa and met the 2 dogs. My wife was already set to getting the cavapoo but I really like the cockapoo. My daughter... She had no clue what we're gonna do. I told her we're getting some fish. We wanted to surprise her, as she took the biggest hit when chiko, the labradoodle passed. So when we got to iowa and she got in the house, that's when she realized that we're not getting some fish. Her face just lit up.

Max, the cavapoo just started playing with her and instantly bonded with her and my wife. The bad thing... The cockapoo just sat on my lap the whole time we were there and just wanted some attention. Nothing I can do... I was outnumbered. We had to get Max. It broke my heart to leave Harley, the cockapoo behind. I tried to convince the owners to just him come with us also, but they wanted a lot for him than I can afford.

Anyway, the whole time on our way home, Max was just getting spoiled. He just fit right in. He got in the house and just felt at home. He likes to be around everybody. I'm glad we brought him home with us.

I considered him a rescue dog because the couple who had him said he was in his cage almost 16 hours a day. Another reason why I felt bad leaving the cockapoo behind, as he goes thru the same thing.

Anyway, this was suppose to be a happy post.

Here he is...Max
Joel

Babers

Another picture
Joel

Mugwump

...nice pup, looks like a winner.....enjoy... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Max looks like a very nice dog. Lots of lick with him.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 07, 2016, 06:25:49 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL..... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 07, 2016, 06:31:45 AM

lol. I won't even fix it.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 07, 2016, 07:11:59 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 07, 2016, 06:31:45 AM

lol. I won't even fix it.
That's a good wish anyway, Willie, what with it being a puppy and all!!!!

I'll wish the same...!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

He looks like a sweetie.  Shame the owners cared more about making a few bucks off a cross bred dogs that they neither want nor care for well, than the well being of the dog.  Please let them know that you will still take the dog if they don't get the big bucks they are after.  People like that piss me off >:(
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 07, 2016, 11:18:30 AM
He looks like a sweetie.  Shame the owners cared more about making a few bucks off a cross bred dogs that they neither want nor care for well, than the well being of the dog.  Please let them know that you will still take the dog if they don't get the big bucks they are after.  People like that piss me off >:(

Me too. >:(
Willie

Babers

I really don't know all Max's history but he's really a nice dog. All he wants to do is lay down beside you. Anyway, I did let them know that if they change their mind, I'm very willing to come back and pick him up.

Joel

LizStreithorst

Babers

The couple finally agreed to have us adopt the other dog, Harley. Heres a short video of the 2 dogs seeing each other again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklGSOC0cNs
Joel

Mugwump

That's wonderful news, Joel !!....they sure do like each other.. ;D |^| ;D.........fantastic... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

wsantia1

Willie