• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:47:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Mom is embarrassed to ask...

Started by Charlotte, February 27, 2016, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

...so I will ask for her.  She wants to know how often I should be waxed.  She uses a product when she bathes me that doesn't strip wax.  She also wonders if she can do it herself with her electric buffer or if she should take me to her shiny man.  Last time he had to use rubbing compound, polish, and wax on me.  I don't need all of that again I don't think.  Surely mom can wax me herself?  She is thinking that I need waxing again because the water didn't bead up and once I dried she saw water spots.

Mom is ignorant but she does have my best interest at heart.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

.. a good chamois cloth takes care of the water spots....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Charlotte, sweetie, tell Mom that the compounding that Shiney Man did should have removed all the old oxidized paint and that the wax coating on you now probably has that covered still.  She should go ahead and do it herself if she has the time and energy.  Poor ol' Burban sure doesn't get quite as much care and attention that she gives you. You're one lucky vehicle.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron