• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 12:47:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 875
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Guess What?

Started by LizStreithorst, February 21, 2016, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 16, 2016, 01:13:10 PM
Eggs were not fertilized.  I did a male swap early last week.  She was happy with him from the get-go.  Looks like her tube is coming down.  It shouldn't be long...perhaps later today or tomorrow.  Fingers crossed this more handsome more mature appearing guy gets the job done.

...sounds promising  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 16, 2016, 02:22:07 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 16, 2016, 01:13:10 PM
Eggs were not fertilized.  I did a male swap early last week.  She was happy with him from the get-go.  Looks like her tube is coming down.  It shouldn't be long...perhaps later today or tomorrow.  Fingers crossed this more handsome more mature appearing guy gets the job done.

...sounds promising  |^|

+1. Hopefully this guy gets the job done.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

She's making dry runs right now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

She just laid 2 eggs.  He came right behind her and ate them.  I think I'll take a nice bath then go back and take another look.  Sometimes my fish piss me off.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 16, 2016, 04:36:08 PM
She just laid 2 eggs.  He came right behind her and ate them.  I think I'll take a nice bath then go back and take another look.  Sometimes my fish piss me off.

LOLOLOLOLOL.....yup, sometimes they do.... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The bastard ate every one.  I'll give him another couple of tries because he is the best looking male.  Young male Discus can be stupid.

LizStreithorst

They're both still staring at the penis this afternoon as though there were eggs on it.  He has pecked on it a few times.  I wonder if what he wants of the female is another free snack?  There is nothing more frustrating than having the Discus of your dreams and the males being young and stupid.  Stupid male Discus drive me up the wall.  Discus males are better parents than the females once they figure out what they are there for. 

LizStreithorst

She spawned again around bed time.  I decided not to watch and went to bed.  No eggs in sight this morning.  Mr Handsome gets one more try before I dump him in favor of Mr. Second Best.

LizStreithorst

Happy day.  They are spawning now.  Nice of the female to always wait until I'm home to lay.  She has made run after run.  The male was funny.  His tallywacker is down.  He gets in the right position but then gets unsure of what to do and backs off.  I've mostly left them alone but I've seen him make 2 runs.  I'm hoping for wigglers this time.  The fry making it past wiggler stage without the male eating them will be another hurdle for the poor guy to leap.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 07, 2016, 08:40:41 PM
Happy day.  They are spawning now.  Nice of the female to always wait until I'm home to lay.  She has made run after run.  The male was funny.  His tallywacker is down.  He gets in the right position but then gets unsure of what to do and backs off.  I've mostly left them alone but I've seen him make 2 runs.  I'm hoping for wigglers this time.  The fry making it past wiggler stage without the male eating them will be another hurdle for the poor guy to leap.

...Good luck'.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Eggs still there this morning with dad guarding ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 08, 2016, 06:15:54 AM
Eggs still there this morning with dad guarding ;D

..that's encouraging.. |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Three.  They were picked off.  Still, I've found that it takes a couple of days to find out it the eggs are viable.  The batch that the first male never fertilized had no whities.  They fungused after 3 days. 

Just did a WC on the tank.  Both parents went to the penis to guard the eggs.  so far, so good.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 08, 2016, 01:04:54 PM
Three.  They were picked off.  Still, I've found that it takes a couple of days to find out it the eggs are viable.  The batch that the first male never fertilized had no whities.  They fungused after 3 days. 

Just did a WC on the tank.  Both parents went to the penis to guard the eggs.  so far, so good.

....LOL...reading that scenario just busts me up laughing...LOL
Jon