• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:15:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 242
Total: 243

I stretched my "legs"

Started by Charlotte, February 10, 2016, 12:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

I hated it when I had my heart attack because I felt like I'd let mom down.  She was distraught...BUT Now that Martha came to visit, both mom and I realize that it's good that it happened when it did.  Can you imagine how we would have felt if it had happened while we were driving Martha around?  We'd have died of shame.  The fates smiled upon us even though it didn't feel like it at the time.

Mom drove into Hattiesburg to the bus station to pick-up Martha and then took her home (50 miles round trip).  Then she drove to Hattiesburg again so Martha could spend time with her son, his wife, her son's wife's father and son from another wife and another related lady silly mom couldn't figure out how was related even though she had been told huh.  Mom couldn't find the hotel that they were staying at right away because she is too stupid to read a map (she admits this.  I'm not speaking out of turn) so we drove farther that we had to.  Then we drove to work in Ellisville (65 miles round trip)  Later that day mom drove to Hattiesburg to a restaurant there to meet up with the clan.  Poor mom.  She drove miles past the restaurant.  She had been there years ago but Hattiesburg had grown and it could no longer been seen from the highway.  She had to stop and ask before she found it.  (I feel sorry for my mother.  She needs GPS and she needs glasses!)  Then she drove back home with Martha.  Today we took Martha to the bus station and came home alone.  Mom put 3 months worth of miles on me in just a few days.

I did just fine.  All my parts worked beautifully.  I didn't have to worry and more importantly mom didn't have to worry.  Martha is a nice lady.  When she first saw me she didn't expect that I would be so beautiful.  If I weren't black she's have seen me blush.
Keep on Truckin'

LizStreithorst

Charlotte my dear, you made me proud.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Charlotte...you're a piece of work...albeit, a nice piece of work!   |^| You did a good job taking care of the ladies. I'll bet you're glad you didn't have to go in the house or fish room and help do the cleaning.  Was the horse allowed in to help?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Charlotte

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 10, 2016, 12:04:59 PM
Charlotte...you're a piece of work...albeit, a nice piece of work!   |^| You did a good job taking care of the ladies. I'll bet you're glad you didn't have to go in the house or fish room and help do the cleaning.  Was the horse allowed in to help?

Ron my friend, I always do my best.  It's just my way.  I don't care about those stupid fish that mom is so enamored of.  I just don't get it wfwf  I can't clean, but it if I could fit in the house I'd have tried to help.  I missed talking to y'all but mom is the one who knows how to use the computer and type my thoughts.

It turns out that the horse isn't comfortable with strangers.  She has gotten used to a solitary life just as mom has.  When the clan came to visit mom told them about my friend the Mustang and then told everyone that the horse that you refer to is a failed race horse.  That she won $7,000 and never won another penny and was sold.  Mom told everyone how lazy she was.  Just as she said that, the lazy former race horse took off at a gallop through the unfenced pasture, then turned around and galloped home.  She posed with an arched neck and high tail before she ran back up the road with her neck stretched at race horse speed.  I saw it all through my tail lights.  Mom's mouth dropped open because she couldn't believe what she was seeing!

Mom told Martha about the horse coming into the house but the horse wouldn't do it in front of Martha until mom lured her in by shaking the feed bucket and setting it down in the living room.  Martha got her pictures so she could show folks that mom wasn't making up a tall tale.
Keep on Truckin'