• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 314
Total: 315

All I think about is cars

Started by LizStreithorst, January 20, 2016, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2016, 07:43:14 PM
Another killer review of the Abarth  http://www.topspeed.com/cars/fiat/2014-fiat-500-abarth-ar160256.html#main

VVVVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....thar she goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Small in size but huge in heart.  Here I go falling in love again w!w
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..more like the 'Fiat song'...yup

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Ooops. I thought the Fiat Abarth had a 409.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2016, 08:11:46 PM
..more like the 'Fiat song'...yup

You nailed it, Mug.  The little car is very sexy.  Did you see Charlie driving in circles in The black one with red trim, just like the one I'm in love with?  The black and red are wonderful together.  So much masculinity in a car that is so feminine, how cool!  And then there is the sound she makes. I want to hear her say vrooom.  I want to hear her growl to me that she is a really a Lamborghini.  I wish I could drive her hard and see what she and I could do.

A 65 year old woman living in BFN down a long dirt driveway should want a Corolla.  But you know how it is...The heart wants what the heart wants.

LizStreithorst

I checked the box where it says "contact me if the price drops".  I had to include my phone number for my request to go through.  I was down in the fish room fixin' to do WC when a guy from the dealership called.  I told the gentleman that I just wanted to be informed of price drops..  He said that he did email me (it hasn't come through yet) with the internet price which I suppose is lower huh  They take trade in's.  I told him about The Beast.  I was totally honest which is not the way they say you should be with car dealers.  He said that The Beast was too old for them to keep and sell on the lot anyway.  He will go to a car auction :( but that they would do what they could for me.  I really want him to be worth 2 grand as a trade in.

I need to get my money in order and drive through New Orleans on highways I'm not familiar with in The Beast.  I've become such a country bumpkin.  I'm such a sissy girl.  I'm afraid of everything.  I am afraid that I will buy the car even though my heart years for that car.  My head is in a turmoil.  I keep thinking that I must be crazy.  I should want a Corolla, but no.  I want a sexy little Italian sports car.

GeorgeG

Don't do something you will regret later car dealers are unmerciful when it comes to a sale. Hold out   huh

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 26, 2016, 04:34:30 PM
... I am afraid that I will buy the car even though my heart years for that car.  My head is in a turmoil.  I keep thinking that I must be crazy.  I should want a Corolla, but no.  I want a sexy little Italian sports car.

You don't strike me as being afraid of ANYthing, Miz Liz!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I will do the best I can for myself, George.

Ron, I do my best to keep my fears hidden.  Give me a crisis and I can handle it in excellent form.  Something that involves planning and negotiation and keeping my cards close to my chest if very difficult for me.  If I'm not happy with the car or the deal I'm offered I can always drive The Beast back home.

LizStreithorst

Charlotte's heart just arrived this afternoon.  She will be ready Friday.  I'll have to leave the Beast with BJ to have his brakes fixed so I won't be able to drive him to see that Fiat then.  The following Monday my SIL will be here.  I will have to take a day off work one day next week to see if I can make the deal.

I am a nervous wreck. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 27, 2016, 02:26:59 PM
Charlotte's heart just arrived this afternoon.  She will be ready Friday.  I'll have to leave the Beast with BJ to have his brakes fixed so I won't be able to drive him to see that Fiat then.  The following Monday my SIL will be here.  I will have to take a day off work one day next week to see if I can make the deal.

I am a nervous wreck.

...chill out....all is fine  |^|....does your SIL drink beer?.....wine??....or ???..... |^|
Jon

JR

Liz I would not have told the dealership any thing. I have drove them 500s they are a nice car. You would look great in one. I traded a car in that did not have reverse. Both times I went there I parked so all you had to do was pull out. They test drove it pulled it right back were I had it. I never said a word about it. Got my new f150 and left. Got a call from them before I got home. My dad said you did not tell them about the tranny I said hell no they drove it. Boy was they pissed.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on January 27, 2016, 03:20:11 PM
Liz I would not have told the dealership any thing. I have drove them 500s they are a nice car. You would look great in one. I traded a car in that did not have reverse. Both times I went there I parked so all you had to do was pull out. They test drove it pulled it right back were I had it. I never said a word about it. Got my new f150 and left. Got a call from them before I got home. My dad said you did not tell them about the tranny I said hell no they drove it. Boy was they pissed.

LOL...yep, they'll stick you if they can too....dealers tho aren't bad...but used car lots suck..
Jon

LizStreithorst

This one is a dealership that takes trade ins, not a used car lot.  The Fiat was a trade in.  I had to tell the guy about the rattle in the TC on the van because as soon as they cranked it they'd have heard it.  They'll be sending him to the car auction whether he is perfect or has a noise at idle that does had not affected his performance for 4 years! 

Look at the price of the Fiat and it's very low mileage.  It's an Abarth.  It's a real sports car.  He has already come off $600. on the price.  I know how much money I have and I cannot spend more.  If they give me 2 grand for the Beast I can do it.  If not, then not huh

JR, I sure wish I could take you with me but you're too far away.