• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

Good news for me

Started by LizStreithorst, January 12, 2016, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Wigglers!  The spawn that I have been waiting for...My HB X Blue Silver cross sibs!  They'd spawned twice before but I didn't have the water right and the eggs turned white.  I've been watching their eggs and yesterday evening when I went down to do WC I couldn't find them.  I put on my glasses and I still couldn't see them in their BB tank.  I didn't give up hope.  This pair guarded their white eggs until I sucked them up.  I know that some pairs will guard until the eggs until they start to wiggle and then break your heart and eat them.  I wasn't able to make myself believe that this pair would do me that way.

This morning I found them.  Mom had moved them to the heater cord where they are still happily wiggling away.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 12, 2016, 04:29:31 PM
Wigglers!  The spawn that I have been waiting for...My HB X Blue Silver cross sibs!  They'd spawned twice before but I didn't have the water right and the eggs turned white.  I've been watching their eggs and yesterday evening when I went down to do WC I couldn't find them.  I put on my glasses and I still couldn't see them in their BB tank.  I didn't give up hope.  This pair guarded their white eggs until I sucked them up.  I know that some pairs will guard until the eggs until they start to wiggle and then break your heart and eat them.  I wasn't able to make myself believe that this pair would do me that way.

This morning I found them.  Mom had moved them to the heater cord where they are still happily wiggling away.

Glasses ????........... |^|....bi-focal kind that hang around your neck on a chain, right??.....try'n to picture this.....How about a selfie??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thank you gentlemen for the well wishes.  Jon, I do not wear glasses around my neck  on a string.  I should but it's too "old lady" for my taste.  I prefer to go searching for them because I can't see them because I don't have my glasses ::)

The dang pair moved them again.  They moved them to the sponge filter ???  It's a small pore sponge but it's not where I would but my valuable kids.  I unhooked the air tube from the sponge and attached an air stone to it.  Mom is rounding up the wigglers  that broke free from the sponge now.  I trust this pair.  I hope that I did the right thing.  They might know more than I do about the best place to move their wigglers huh

LizStreithorst

They've been on a the seem on the back of the tank for a couple of days now so I was able to hook the sponge back up.  I expect a mutiny tomorrow.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 15, 2016, 07:25:59 PM
They've been on a the seem on the back of the tank for a couple of days now so I was able to hook the sponge back up.  I expect a mutiny tomorrow.

|^|.............pics?
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

LizStreithorst

Lights are off now.  I'll snap one tomorrow.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm pretty sure they're gone this morning.  I'll check again later but the parents act like they're gone.  I'll let them try once more before I break my rule and pull them.  My heart is set on turning my HB's blue.

LizStreithorst

HA!  They're back ;D  I don't know where they spent the night but there back on the seam now huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 07:31:30 AM
HA!  They're back ;D  I don't know where they spent the night but there back on the seam now huh

+1.......sneaky pair, huh?....LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 16, 2016, 07:34:16 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 07:31:30 AM

+1.......sneaky pair, huh?....LOL

That's great Liz. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

LizStreithorst

It doesn't look like they will succeed this time.  Last night I had around 60 wigglers, this morning 30, this afternoon 10.  I'll let them try another time or two before I pull.  This was their first time.