• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:02:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

More new discus

Started by PaulineMi, February 12, 2013, 08:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Tomorrow morning I pick up the newest additions to the discus clan.  Can't wait til Fed Ex tracking shows they've arrived tomorrow morning! 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Zounds !!!!!..What ya gett'n?...huh?...what ya gett'n?..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Waiting for a Checkerboard Pigeon and a Turquoise to join my current group of four. Fed Ex shows that they left Indianapolis about an hour ago. Scheduled arrival in Lansing, MI, where I'll pick them up, is 10 a.m.

Update:  5:30 a.m. arrival at sort facility in Grand Rapids, MI.  Next stop..final destination, Lansing,  MI.   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

I hate the waiting...it's like it's Xmas eve, and you're a kid again....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Yes.  And when the tracking record shows "arrived at destination facility" look out. I'm in my car,  off to pick up that precious package!

shatanka

You're so lucky!! I don't get Christmas presents anymore. I can't wait to see yours! Hurry up Fed ex!

Mugwump

Quote from: shatanka on February 13, 2013, 06:21:26 AM
You're so lucky!! I don't get Christmas presents anymore. I can't wait to see yours! Hurry up Fed ex!

There's no trick to it.....I put my own presents out under the tree....and I'm getting older, so I don't remember in the morning what I got myself..... ;D
Jon

shatanka

OMG you have a great idea there Jon!  I forget where I put my sun glasses when they are right on my head sometimes. I think this will really work! lol

She must be running to the Fed ex office right now to get them.....hurry woman...we're waiting anxiously!  :)

PaulineMi

I was putzing around with getting the new discus used to seeing me sitting in front of their tank, staring at them. Lol. 

They're here and doing well.  I can't put pictures up yet because my husband is all involved with golf GPS stuff on the desktop computer right now.  :(  I'm avoiding that area of the house because I don't want to get stuck helping him.  It's frustrating work and while I normally would help I'm wanting to stay happy about my fish for now.  ;D

I'm really, really pleased with the Turquoise discus.  I like all of them but right now this guy takes my breath away. Can't wait to show him off.  ::)

BTW....the Christmas presents and memory stuff you guys posted made me laugh. 

PaulineMi

Okay....got some pictures.  These are from just a short time after they went from the bags to the tank.  I don't have the light on over their tank yet.  Want to give them a chance to settle in.  It's a few hours later now and the Turq's stress bars are mostly gone.

Mugwump

Looks like they were definately worth the wait.....beautiful....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

shatanka

Just gorgeous!  I am so jealous! Hey santa, Pauline got nicer things for Christmas this year than I did! No fair!  Ok..I am getting goofy..better get off here! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU and you much awaited arrival. They're going to look so beautiful altogether. You are so lucky!

PaulineMi

Thanks Jon, Liz and shatanka.

These two are a bit less timid that my last four. They're not sure of their surroundings yet but do come to the front of the tank as I'm doing things near them. I'm not concerned this time though. The first four that were at times panic stricken are now almost fearlessly obnoxious while their tank is getting cleaned.