• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:29:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

A visit to Chip

Started by Charlotte, December 29, 2015, 04:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

It wasn't about me, thank God.  It was about The Beast,  Chip did mention that he saw me driving down the street the other day looking shiny.  If I weren't black you'd have been able to see me blush.  It made Mom smile too.  Then she embarrassed me.  She told him that I was a mouse magnet and that another had  died in me recently.  Uncle Chip said that he truck was the same way which made me feel better.  She said that now I stink of mothballs.  It's true, but it's better than smelling dead.  He said that I should get peppermint extract or peppermint concentrate and to put it under the seats.  She can get it at the feed store right around the corner from her shop :)  He also she should stick the moth balls under the hood.  He said that it's a big deal with me while it is not with his truck is that his is corroborated.

The rest of the conversation was about that Beast of hers.  (Don't tell her I said so, but personally I think that her Beast is more trouble than he's worth.)  She said that she decided that she would have him towed in.  She and I discussed it while we drove in to town.  Her thinking was although she knew that she almost for sure could drive him in safely, it's still scary to drive something so big and heavy that she can't stop without power to the brakes.  She figures that she can afford to have him towed.  It would give Chip more time with him.  Chip thinks for sure that it's the wheel speed sensor, but our friend JR said that it was something else.

Forgive me for gossiping about The Beast.  He's a very nice guy.  Mom just doesn't need a huge cargo van with rear AC, and Rhino liner.  She needs something reliable like me, but smaller.

Keep on Truckin'

GeorgeG

So did one of your mechanics run a computer diagnostic tests on the vehicle to see if the speed sensor is functioning correctly.

LizStreithorst

Yes, but it's not fixed.  The day I dropped him off with Chip he was sick.  He ran the diagnostic and the speed sensor is fine.  But he was sick that day and didn't look further.  Since then chip has been swamped with work.  I will leave The Beast with BJ once he get's Charlotte ready to go. 

I've been driving The Beast back an forth to work since Charlotte got sick.  I know the conditions under which this happens and have been avoiding them.  It hasn't happened again but I worry every time I drive him.
Always move forward. Never look back.