• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

"Marlin Wins!"

Started by b125killer, January 31, 2013, 08:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I heard this on the radio today. They asked if the marlin was going to mount the boat on its wall. 
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/50860/a+hooked+marlin+sinks+a+fishing+boat+well+something+like+that/

Scott

shatanka

Isn't that something! I saw that on the news yesterday.  I was GOING to take my daughter deep sea fishing soon. Seeing this gave me second thoughts! lol 

PaulineMi

That turned into an expensive fishing trip!  Great pictures though.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

shatanka

Quote from: shatanka on January 31, 2013, 08:54:23 AM
Isn't that something! I saw that on the news yesterday.  I was GOING to take my daughter deep sea fishing soon. Seeing this gave me second thoughts! lol

Ok..we took the plunge. We did the deep sea fishing trip this past weekend. OMG...did we get sick. I knew I was going to, as I always do, so I took Dramamine before hand. My daughter thought she was tough and didn't need it. She got sick, her boyfriend got sick, the older gentleman next to us got sick, the kid near us did. I mean, it was like 75% of the people on board were puking overboard! Good chum for sharks I guess! IT was pretty rough going out..it seemed like 6' seas to me..maybe that was my imagination??! But, it must not have been only me, cuz everyone was complaining! lol 
Anyhow, my question is.....does anyone have any tricks to the trade to getting out there fishing withOUT getting seasick? I love to fish, love the water, be it the ocean or lakes, or whatever. But, this sure makes for a miserable time that you can't enjoy because of this motion sickness stuff. Dramamine didn't do the trick for us this time.
We did catch some black bass and my daughter caught a nice red snapper ( of course they're out of season right now! so we couldn't keep it! darn it!)  And all that chum got a couple of sharks on other people's lines! lol 

BillT

QuoteAnyhow, my question is.....does anyone have any tricks to the trade to getting out there fishing withOUT getting seasick? I love to fish, love the water, be it the ocean or lakes, or whatever. But, this sure makes for a miserable time that you can't enjoy because of this motion sickness stuff. Dramamine didn't do the trick for us this time.

There is at least one stronger medicine than dramamine, can't remember the name. Used it when I worked on ships in hurricanes. A doctor might know it.
Other factors: smaller waves and choppier waves rather than swells were better for me (not normally under your control though). Sometimes location matters. Areas where the ocean gets shallow have larger waves. Openings of harbors can be bad. Bigger boats (boat size vs. wave size ratio). Eat crackers/don't drink. Wait a few days (get sea legs).
its pretty fun when you feel good.

shatanka

Is Bonamine , if I spelled that right, the other seasick med you are talking about? I picked that up, put it down, himmed and hawed..got the Dramamine just cuz I wasn't sure.
I think if I ever get out there again I am trying the patch, from a Dr.! UGgg..so gross feeling (even from the Dramamine!) and not fun.