• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 321
Total: 322

Winter solstice coffee..

Started by Mugwump, December 21, 2015, 05:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what a great cup of coffee on a dark, and rainy, Monday... |^|..it'll be in the 40' today...

..some water changes and putz'n early, then a couple quick errands...

I've been hoping for a 'white christmas', but it just doesn't look like that will happen this year.....bummer..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

A great cup of coffee here this morning. On my second cup and the dog is still asleep. lol May finish the pot before he wakes up. I'll let him sleep since he spends half the night watching over me while I sleep. w!w

It's going up to the mid 50s today but it will be cloudy. It is going up to 74 on Christmas eve. That's fine but they are also predicting showers. I rather it was a little colder with no rain. I don't even mind the snow as long as it's all melted away by January 2. w!w

Well second pot will be on soon. I've got lots to do today including WCs that I haven't done on schedule. I'm still good if I do them today. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I hear ya, Willie...those nice temps are worthless if you can't get out and enjoy them... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Water changes done. I will now walk kobe then come back and tidy up the fish room a bit. Saw my L183s today (they've been hiding) and they are still looking good. huh

Dropped a cave in that tank to hopefully coax them out in the open again. They like to hand out by the sponges and heater. Temp in that tank is 78 degrees.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Saint's puppy's at the vet hospital;.  Surgery scheduled for noon today.  Bought a new phone.  The electrition is on his way.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 21, 2015, 10:22:33 AM
Saint's puppy's at the vet hospital;.  Surgery scheduled for noon today.  Bought a new phone.  The electrition is on his way.

..here's wishing St. Pup a quick recovery, your new phone a winner...and for a short easy job for the electrician....

What kind of phone?....Jan and I, have the Samsung Galaxy S5's and love em...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had a smart phone once and I hated it.  It was a Galaxy 5.  My new one is a LG flip top.  The one I washed was a Samsung fliptop.  I lost all my phone numbers.  I guess is they love me, they'll call me back.

I called the place I bought the generator from.  I am so embarrassed.  The gentleman told for me to look for it either taped to the battery or wedged between the muffler and the gas tank.  It was wedged between the muffler and gas tank :-[  I can't crank it up yet though.  The owners manual says I need to get a copper grounding rod.  Otherwise I might electrocute myself :o

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 21, 2015, 12:22:57 PM
I had a smart phone once and I hated it.  It was a Galaxy 5.  My new one is a LG flip top.  The one I washed was a Samsung fliptop.  I lost all my phone numbers.  I guess is they love me, they'll call me back.

I called the place I bought the generator from.  I am so embarrassed.  The gentleman told for me to look for it either taped to the battery or wedged between the muffler and the gas tank.  It was wedged between the muffler and gas tank :-[  I can't crank it up yet though.  The owners manual says I need to get a copper grounding rod.  Otherwise I might electrocute myself :o

Grounding rods are cheap at a hardware store....but...ask the electrician about it......you may be able to ground to a cold water pipe too....plus he'll have the heavier gauge wire too........if you're connecting the generator through your panel, there's a hierarchy as to where it's tied into the ground there...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Mug.  I'm still waiting for him.  I will ask.  I may even have the electrician do the wiring into the box.  I think my carpenter can do it but I won't know if he's willing until I talk to him.

LizStreithorst

Well, well, well...there is nothing wrong with my electricity.  I got a bum dryer!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 21, 2015, 02:09:26 PM
Well, well, well...there is nothing wrong with my electricity.  I got a bum dryer!

Wow, no kidding?...well they should pick it up and drop off another quick for ya then...LOL...I'll bet that you've rang their bell already tho, huh?..
Jon

BallAquatics

Are they picking up the service call charge for the electrician?   huh

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 21, 2015, 04:23:42 PM
Are they picking up the service call charge for the electrician?   huh

Dennis

..good point, Dennis....altho she was asking him about other things too...
Jon

LizStreithorst

The electrician blew me away.  He refused to take money for the service call.  He absolutely refused!  How's that for small town ways?

Now, I have an important question...The electrician tested everything.  He put the volt meter on the breaker in the breaker box.  It was fine.  He put the meter on the 220 outlet.  It was fine.  He took the piece of the back where the cord was attached and tested it there.  It was fine!!!!!!

Yet, when the dryer guys replaced the drier he said that my cord was bad.  They said they when they used my cord it didn't work and when they replaced mine with the cord in the truck it worked.  I didn't watch this time, damn it >:( 

How can it be that the electricity was able to get from the power line to, the breaker box, to the outlet, to the hook-up's on the dryer, and be the fault of the cord?  Am I getting old and stupid or is someone being dishonest?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 21, 2015, 06:22:41 PM
The electrician blew me away.  He refused to take money for the service call.  He absolutely refused!  How's that for small town ways?

Now, I have an important question...The electrician tested everything.  He put the volt meter on the breaker in the breaker box.  It was fine.  He put the meter on the 220 outlet.  It was fine.  He took the piece of the back where the cord was attached and tested it there.  It was fine!!!!!!

Yet, when the dryer guys replaced the drier he said that my cord was bad.  They said they when they used my cord it didn't work and when they replaced mine with the cord in the truck it worked.  I didn't watch this time, damn it >:( 

How can it be that the electricity was able to get from the power line to, the breaker box, to the outlet, to the hook-up's on the dryer, and be the fault of the cord?  Am I getting old and stupid or is someone being dishonest?

...does your dryer plug into an extension cord to the outlet?......and if their cord??..worked...why didn't they leave it?....when they deliver they're supposed to set it up running correctly, etc...
Jon