• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

Sunday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, December 20, 2015, 04:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Morning all.  I washed my phone last night >:(  It sure is clean.  It sure doesn't work.  I'll do what someone here told me to do last time I washed it.  I'll give it another wash in pure RO, dry it out and hope for the best.  It worked last time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2015, 08:03:03 AM
Morning all.  I washed my phone last night >:(  It sure is clean.  It sure doesn't work.  I'll do what someone here told me to do last time I washed it.  I'll give it another wash in pure RO, dry it out and hope for the best.  It worked last time.

WD-40 always worked for me.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 20, 2015, 07:50:11 AM
....but I'll need to look for a decent wireless keyboard...

I've been using this set I got at Walmart for several years now.....

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-Wireless-Combo-MK270/28540111

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 20, 2015, 08:17:17 AM

Dennis

I'll look for it next time that I'm over that way.......thanks, Dennis..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 20, 2015, 08:17:17 AM

Dennis

lol. That's the one I have. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...company's gone....now we're chill'n out.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

wsantia1

I am chillin too. I am going over to my neighbors house in a little bit to check out his train setup. He and his wife are having an open house.. He's got 5 different lines running in his basement. I've been told it is pretty elaborate.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 20, 2015, 02:11:18 PM
I am chillin too. I am going over to my neighbors house in a little bit to check out his train setup. He and his wife are having an open house.. He's got 5 different lines running in his basement. I've been told it is pretty elaborate.  |^| |^| |^|

...cool...grab a couple pics  ;D....train sets are neat....

..remember the one at the 'Museum of Science & Industry'..?....classic
Jon

BallAquatics

Be sure to wear your engineer's cap...

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I don't think I'll be able to resurrect the my clean phone this time.  I took it apart and gave it a bath in RO, put it on top of the dehumidifier to dry, WD40'd it and I ain't got much.  Sometimes I see a but of light in the darkness of the screen, sometimes just blackness.  I wish I could take the screen part off the top and  WD it, but I can't get it apart from the phone's body.  I'll leave it on top of the dehumidifier until morning and sleep with my fingers crossed.

It's strange that I can make my through the greatest of life's crises and yet the little stuff whupps my arse.   Phone, harrumph.  Generator key, harumph.  The brakes on The Beast, harrumph, harrumph, harrumph >:(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2015, 02:54:17 PM
I don't think I'll be able to resurrect the my clean phone this time.  I took it apart and gave it a bath in RO, put it on top of the dehumidifier to dry, WD40'd it and I ain't got much.  Sometimes I see a but of light in the darkness of the screen, sometimes just blackness.  I wish I could take the screen part off the top and  WD it, but I can't get it apart from the phone's body.  I'll leave it on top of the dehumidifier until morning and sleep with my fingers crossed.

It's strange that I can make my through the greatest of life's crises and yet the little stuff whupps my arse.   Phone, harrumph.  Generator key, harumph.  The brakes on The Beast, harrumph, harrumph, harrumph >:(

Chin up....2016 is on the way........by the by, why not use your hair dryer ?...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I don't have a human hair dryer.  I have a big dog one that I used last time.  My head told me that since the dehumidifier would be more gentle.  The heat that it puts out isn't hot but it is almost devoid of moisture.  Is my thinking wrong?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2015, 03:22:58 PM
I don't have a human hair dryer.  I have a big dog one that I used last time.  My head told me that since the dehumidifier would be more gentle.  The heat that it puts out isn't hot but it is almost devoid of moisture.  Is my thinking wrong?

..who knows ?..... huh  ....but dehumidifier's rarely get all the moisture....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll be in Hattiesburg tomorrow for an 8 am appointment with Saint Puppy's vet.  If the phone doesn't work by morning, I'll buy another.  I hope that they will be able to salvage my phone numbers. 

BillT

As long as your dryer doesn't make your phone too hot, it should be OK. I'd try to keep it under 100˚F.

Alternatively, you could put it in a plastic bag with some dry uncooked rice. The rice will absorb the water out of the air and indirectly suck it out of the phone.

Another approach would be to put it in a partial vacuum. This would also evaporate the water. Would need a vacuum pump and an air tight container though.

I have had 3 water vs. electronics fights recently.
I lost two of them and one (laptop) recovered some partial function, but is real slow now. I use it to back up my back up disks.
One of the losers got a mixed drink with lots of sugar and other chemicals that won't evaporate.