• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:20:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 362
Total: 363

Sunday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, December 20, 2015, 04:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's very good, cold outside at 27deg's...might hit the mid 40's tho....

..some water changes and fish room putz'n this morn'n....and we've got some old friends stopping by for some fish later too...

Pauline are you ok up there?...I just saw all the road accidents caused by the ice storm......50 car pile ups ?...it had to be pretty rotten weather ? I didn't see anything about power outages, but there had to have been a bunch with all the ice..?

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I'm up early. Coffee's done and tastes good as always. Nothing major, just 8 o'clock brand.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 20, 2015, 05:00:21 AM
I'm up early. Coffee's done and tastes good as always. Nothing major, just 8 o'clock brand.

Morn'n Bob....are headed to the Milw. swap on the 10th?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Yup. We're all signed up. You?

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 20, 2015, 05:09:05 AM
Yup. We're all signed up. You?

Not yet....thinking about it tho..?
Jon

Mugwump

.........pot #2 now...another excellent pot.. 8)    everyone must be sleeping in this morn'n ?...or am I up too early again ? 
Jon

BallAquatics

Doing IT work before going south to see Terri.....

Dennis

wsantia1

I am up and on my second cup only. It sure is good. Now that my laptop is on the fritz I have to go to another part of the house to get on my desktop. Pretty inconvenient at this time in the morning. It's in a bedroom that doubles as an office area. ::)

Pretty cold out there at 27 degrees but thankfully the winds have died down some. The cold is one thing but coupled with the high wind we have been having makes it difficult for dog walking. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 20, 2015, 06:35:21 AM
... I have to go to another part of the house to get on my desktop...

LOL  Since I got the new TV I've been doing just the opposite.  Laptop is hooked up to the big screen and I hardly ever use the desktop.  That will change this afternoon as I've got some web work to do.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 20, 2015, 06:46:43 AM

LOL  Since I got the new TV I've been doing just the opposite.  Laptop is hooked up to the big screen and I hardly ever use the desktop.  That will change this afternoon as I've got some web work to do.....

Dennis

..did you hard wire from the laptop to the TV..?
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 20, 2015, 06:53:04 AM

It's hooked up with an HDMI cable.  Same as you would connect the cable box or DVD player.  TV has composite hook-up too, but it functions like an old tv and doesn't work well for computer output.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 20, 2015, 06:46:43 AM

Dennis

That's a great idea. I have a few extra keyboards and tons of cables. I also have a wireless mouse for the laptop. I am sure I have some combo that will work. I'll look at that after I do all my fish stuff this morning. I have a water change to the schedule today.

In the meantime I am also going to order the bottom case for 39 bucks and perform the necessary surgery on the laptop after the holidays.

Thanks Dennis
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 20, 2015, 06:59:18 AM

It's hooked up with an HDMI cable.  Same as you would connect the cable box or DVD player.  TV has composite hook-up too, but it functions like an old tv and doesn't work well for computer output.

Dennis

I have a few HDMI cables too. lol |^| |^| |^|
Willie

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 20, 2015, 07:00:27 AM
...I also have a wireless mouse for the laptop...

That's exactly what I'm doing Willie.  Wireless keyboard & mouse, laptop is across the room next to the TV.

Next step is to figure out how to do picture-in-a-picture so I can work on the laptop and watch the bowl games at the same time.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 20, 2015, 07:09:22 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 20, 2015, 07:00:27 AM
...I also have a wireless mouse for the laptop...

That's exactly what I'm doing Willie.  Wireless keyboard & mouse, laptop is across the room next to the TV.

Next step is to figure out how to do picture-in-a-picture so I can work on the laptop and watch the bowl games at the same time.  LOL

Dennis

..wireless mouse and HDMI cable we have....but I'll need to look for a decent wireless keyboard...I've just used a flash stick to store movies on and plugged that into the TV...but downloading those, and music, etc would be easier to watch right from the HD....
Jon